Wisper How much wobble is too much wobble?

Farf

Just Joined
Aug 24, 2024
Hello,
I just bought a new Wisper 806, and noticed the rear wheel was quite wobbly. I brought my bike back to my local shop. As per them, there was a problem with the tire, so it got replaced.
However, despite the new tire, i still do feel that seeing that much wobble is not quite normal. I have never seen that before.
Video
(Hope the link work never did that before)
Any thoughts ?
Is it a pr

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hello,
I just bought a new Wisper 806, and noticed the rear wheel was quite wobbly. I brought my bike back to my local shop. As per them, there was a problem with the tire, so it got replaced.
However, despite the new tire, i still do feel that seeing that much wobble is not quite normal. I have never seen that before.
Video
(Hope the link work never did that before)
Any thoughts ?
Is it a pr
The tyre still isn't on straight. If it's a Schwalbe one, they need quite a bit of manipulation to get straight. You have to put just enough air in to hold the tyre in place while you manipulate, then add a bit more air, manipulate again, then pump up really hard to pull it all the way onto the rim, then let it down to the right pressure. The bike shop should have done that, and I doubt that you needed a new tyre; however, if the old or new tyres were/are Schwalbe, and have been levered over the rim with excessive force, then they go wobbly too.

Farf

Just Joined
Aug 24, 2024
Wo, ok, i would have never been able to challenge that with the shop!
so do you think that now it is in place i should deflate fully the tyre and do the process again?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
If you can feel the bike wobbling when you ride, you should adjust the tyre. if you don't feel anything, leave it as it is.

Reactions: Farf

Advertisers