Hi just purchased an ebike, saying hello!

rikardo

Just Joined
Jun 13, 2024
I've bought an EBCO Adventure 5R. Only done 1.5 miles on it so far to test it on some of the steep hills where I live. Only used level 1 assist so very impressed!

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I've bought an EBCO Adventure 5R. Only done 1.5 miles on it so far to test it on some of the steep hills where I live. Only used level 1 assist so very impressed!
Glad you are enjoying it.

Getting an electric bike at about the age of 70 was a bit like the feeling of freedom and delight on getting my first proper bike and shooting off to find adventures at the age of about 10. I felt delighted to be able to go anywhere. It all seemed pretty effortless too - both times.

I got that same feeling another time when I borrowed my mate's Raleigh Runabout RM3 moped as a lad and took off to explore further afield than my single gear bike could comfortably take me. It was almost 60 years ago that, and I had no license, or insurance or helmet.... I was free as a bird and a total anarchist and villain.

esuark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2019
kent
Glad you are enjoying it.

Getting an electric bike at about the age of 70 was a bit like the feeling of freedom and delight on getting my first proper bike and shooting off to find adventures at the age of about 10. I felt delighted to be able to go anywhere. It all seemed pretty effortless too - both times.

I got that same feeling another time when I borrowed my mate's Raleigh Runabout RM3 moped as a lad and took off to explore further afield than my single gear bike could comfortably take me. It was almost 60 years ago that, and I had no license, or insurance or helmet.... I was free as a bird and a total anarchist and villain.
Yes I can agree. If 51 is your birth year then SNAP! I remember my mate from school had an NSU Quickly and zooming about on that after school. Then my younger brother got a Raleigh moped from somewhere, we`d pedal it like fury on the stand then rock forward and shoot off. All as above no license, or insurance or helmet. Then years of legal motorcycling on the road followed and best of all a motorcycle trials competition addiction for 10 years. Then mountain biking events followed by road cycling and now electric.

Last edited:

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Yes I can agree if 51 is your birth year then SNAP! I remember my mate from school had an NSU Quickly and zooming about on that after school. Then my younger brother got a Raleigh moped from somewhere we`d pedal it like fury on the stand then rock forward and shoot off. All as above no license, or insurance or helmet. Then years of legal motorcycling on the road followed and best of all a motorcycle trials competition addiction for 10 years. Then mountain biking events followed by road cycling and now electric.
Happy days.