Hi Eleglide M2 with e08 massage .

Vmilan

Just Joined
Sep 10, 2024
My 2023 eleglide m2 got massage e08 . I check booklet and followed instruction in it . I check battery good fully charged 41 v .noting unusual wires all ok .my local shop said is controller and the other one said is display, did anyone else experience problem before .Any info will be great as seems bike shops don't know much about this bikes.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Please show a picture of your LCD.

Think back. What happened just before you saw that code to cause it? Nothing happens for no reason.

Vmilan

Just Joined
Sep 10, 2024
I was riding bike ,stop get coffee turn off when I try to ride bike again this massage started coming on after mile or two. Then come back on and stayed for the time of me riding back home I thought was blip or maybe battery discharged. I charge battery fully. And Following day this started. Doing. Flashing for 5 sec then display goes blank

Attachments

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
What is the battery voltage when fresh off the charger - say five minutes after you disconnect the charger?

You might have a cell group way out of balance.

Your battery should charge up to almost 42 volts - 41.9v would be ok. 41.0 is suspect for a very low cell group. This would cause the bike to shut down.

I know I keep going on about this - it has become embarrassing for me to type it again, but time after time people arrive here with battery problems caused by exactly this issue of badly out of balance batteries and I have had it myself too.

Vmilan

Just Joined
Sep 10, 2024
Bike was left over night not used today. And battery voltage on the pins showing 41.45 v59725

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
OK - then I am wrong.

Could be an issue related to connections on cables. Someone better will be along to advise soon.

:)

Vmilan

Just Joined
Sep 10, 2024
No I don’t you’re wrong that is the most common problem on bikes and electric scoters. On my bike display or controller is problem. Is It such thing as Unversal display. I can try. Is this bike made in Hong Kong

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
If you have a throttle, there's a fault with, so check its cables and connectors. If it has its own connector, you can disconnect it and run with pedal assist until you get it sorted.

WheelyGood

Just Joined
Sep 17, 2024
Hi

I have the exact problem and it requires the LCD display to be replaced. It's a under voltage fault were the display controller is not reading the battery level - even if full - and cuts the power. I am waiting on a replacement

Response from Eleglide:
E80 means the display receiving information terminal is faulty and the battery level is not displayed. Please replace the display to repair it.

Hope that helps.