HELP NEEDED

Josh1401

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 30, 2020
Hi,
I bought an A2B hybrid 24 today with no battery or charger, I bought it thinking it would be easy to get a battery but I'm struggling. Someone suggested cutting off the connector and just wiring it up to a battery can I do this? Is it difficult?
I don't no anything about ebikes and have been looking around and trying to research all day but still no clue.

Attachments

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

out of stock and not sure it is the right one but if it is going to cost that much for a batt and charger id not bother.

Josh1401

Apr 30, 2020
I was told I could just buy a different 36v battery and take the connector off the bike then wire it directly to the battery is that correct?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no idea on that bike but it could work but you would have to find another way to attach it to the bike.

they make custom batts for ebikes so if anyone knows he will ;)

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Was gonna buy this and solder on new connector that comes with it
I assume that it is brand new, and you have measured the clearance behind the down tube, and that the voltage is correct.
Best of luck.
Andy

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The betting is odds on that with no battery or charger the bike probably is dodgy and stolen goods as that is the common scenario.
Without evidence to prove other wise I won't offer any help.

Josh1401

Apr 30, 2020
I assume that it is brand new, and you have measured the clearance behind the down tube, and that the voltage is correct.
Best of luck.
Andy
Yeah it's brand new, was just gonna put it on the rack and mount it there somehow to be honest

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Yeah it's brand new, was just gonna put it on the rack and mount it there somehow to be honest
OK. IMHO They usually go behind the downtube for the saddle, but each to his own!
Show us some pictures when its up and running please.
Andy

Josh1401

Apr 30, 2020
OK. IMHO They usually go behind the downtube for the saddle, but each to his own!
Show us some pictures when its up and running please.
Andy
Will do it probably won't be a pretty job but the bike cost me £50 so I'm basically gonna use it as a practice bike to jump plod around on and learn more about them

Reactions: Andy-Mat

Lucifer656

Banned
May 1, 2020
I was told I could just buy a different 36v battery and take the connector off the bike then wire it directly to the battery is that correct?

Josh1401

Apr 30, 2020
Took connector off can see black wire and red wire. I also have an orange wire, brown wire, blue wire, green wire. Can someone tell me what I'm meant to do with these?

Attachments

Josh1401

Apr 30, 2020
The betting is odds on that with no battery or charger the bike probably is dodgy and stolen goods as that is the common scenario.
Without evidence to prove other wise I won't offer any help.
The battery and charger were kept by previous owner for their other bike.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The battery and charger were kept by previous owner for their other bike.
Ok thank for clarifying, usually when someone mentions buying a bike without the battery/charger alarm bells start to ring.

Reactions: Andy-Mat and sjpt