Help needed to replace a faulty LED dispay

D

Deleted member 4366

I thoughg the S06PW had the red black and white connector for the speed sensor, the same as the S06P.

TomBrown

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2012
Wigan
I thoughg the S06PW had the red black and white connector for the speed sensor, the same as the S06P.
I was not sure about the SO6PW, but just read a reply from bmsbattery confirming it has the external speed sensor connector like the SO6P controller. I was also considering the lcd/KT36ZWS controller (which does not have an external speed sensor connector) from pandabikes hence my question. I like the SO6PW kit but have not purchased from China before so was weighing up all the options.

D

Deleted member 4366

It's no problem to buy from China. I get nearly everything fom there. It's no different fom buying from anywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TomBrown

TomBrown

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2012
Wigan
It's no problem to buy from Hina. I get nearly everything fom there. It's no different fom buying from anywhere else.
Purchased the SO6PW KIT from BMSBATTERY to day. I have decided to move the kit to a carrera bike I bought on sale last year a better donor bike, freeing my Trek for other duties. Moved the motor and battery over today ready for the SO6PW KIT to arrive so most of the hard work is done.
Thanks for all your help.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Um, last thing I want to do is be a bringer of doom. ( or challenge d8veh first class know how(.......But I have an 8 fun hub in my collection and ran it for 2 years. I am also sitting in the pub having just done a 15 mile test run on a 8 fun Kit I've repaired for a fellow member

And they don't have hall sensors

I was under the impression the s series controllers only work sensored ???

Hope I'm wrong

TomBrown

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2012
Wigan
Just finished installing my 8fun kit with new lcd display and SO6PW controller onto a new bike and all is working well.

The SO6PW controller has a 2 wire connector (blue and black wires) that are linked can anyone tell me what this connector is for?

D

Deleted member 4366

Cruise control. You should disconnect them if you want to stay alive.

What was the complete kit that you bought and the total price?

Are you happy with it?

Last edited by a moderator:

TomBrown

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2012
Wigan
I have just been out on the bike. I left the link in on the connector as it came. The bike operated as expected on throttle and pas. Do you have to setup cruise control on the LCD as the LCD setup info does not mention cruise control only 6kph walk mode

D

Deleted member 4366

It'll start cruising when you least expect it. You have been warned!

TomBrown

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2012
Wigan
I will disconnect it on my next outing thanks for the warning.

I purchased the SO6PW kit + Speed sensor (£41) + spare parts (£9) + shipping DHL (£23) from BMSBATTERY + VAT (£15), total cost £88. The delivery was tracked and was fairly straightforward taking a week in total.

The bafang 8fun front hub motor in a 26" wheel is from a previous kit that I purchased 4 years ago.

The bike is a Carrera Vengence with a 16" frame (I am only 5' 6", 29" leg) I it got on sale from Halford last year for £220. I purchased a triangle bag for the controller and a toppeak MTX rack and bag for the batteries (£70).

Installing the kit was straight forward, the motor fitted into the suntor forks without a problem, swapped the brake levers, fitted the throttle and lcd on the left, modified the pas to go on the opposite side to the chain ring, fitted the speed sensor and connected it all up. I think it's the easiest bike I have done so far.

I have drilled the rack to take a 36 10ah bottle battery I purchased last year to go on another bike for £220 (it was advertised as being 33 cm long but was actually 43cm long so would not go in the frame) it looks like a jet rocket on the back when fitted. At the moment I have the MTX bag fitted to take the 3 Macallister 36v 4ah batteries I got from B&Q a few weeks ago for £90.

On my first test ride I got 15 miles out of a single macallister 36v 4ah battery which is what I was expecting the bike was set to level 5 pas and limited to 15mph. I had done 19 mile on my nano brompton on the same battery.

For approx £600 total cost I am very happy with the bike. It will be a backup for my son to get to work if his ebike has a fault and for my general use.

I would like to try a rear hub or mid drive mountain bike to see how they compare with the view to do some off road forrest/mountain trails. I am not sure if I would be able to find a complete bike in a 16" frame size. So thats the next project.

Dr John C Bullas

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 14, 2015
I have a spare Bafang 8 Fun LCD controller after fixing one of my own (36v 250W mid motor 2014 vintage)

Please email me direct

John

Advertisers