Help! Help identifying carrera crosscity motor

nw88

Just Joined
Oct 12, 2024
Hi all, as title suggests, I'm hoping that someone can identify the motor I'm using, I'd like to get a new controller and lcd screen for some proper monitoring on the ebike stats.

Bike is a halfords carrera crosscity (5pin battery version)

Fairly in depth look for information has failed and bafang are not responding to a query online

Pictures are attached of the controller and the rear hub in question.

I would like to stick to internal mounting of the controller so any suggestions that can help that would be great too!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
It's a standard Bafang hub-motor. Even if it wasn't, it makes no difference. All hub-motors work the same. You can use any controller you want that's the same size. We always recommend KT controllers because they have much better control functions and there are lots of different LCD options. The only thing is with them is that you connectors are wired in a different sequence to others, so you either have to get all the other stuff to go with them or cut off connectors and do some soldering.

nw88

Just Joined
Oct 12, 2024
Thanks for that info, helps a fair bit, do you have any specific recommendations/uk links for a controller kit and JULET cable converters? I want to be able to return to stock devices should I have need of warranty work

It's a standard Bafang hub-motor. Even if it wasn't, it makes no difference. All hub-motors work the same. You can use any controller you want that's the same size. We always recommend KT controllers because they have much better control functions and there are lots of different LCD options. The only thing is with them is that you connectors are wired in a different sequence to others, so you either have to get all the other stuff to go with them or cut off connectors and do some soldering.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Thanks for that info, helps a fair bit, do you have any specific recommendations/uk links for a controller kit and JULET cable converters? I want to be able to return to stock devices should I have need of warranty work
There are no cable converters and none are necessary. Just solder the wires if the connectors don't match. It takes about 5 minutes - less time than ordering anything.

You can get KT controllers from Topbikekit or various Amazon and Ebay sellers. You can get them either with block connectors, which is what I always use or the sealed type. The sealed type need the 1 into 4 cable and are virtually impossible to test. The block type are easy to test and easy to swap pins around, but you need space for the connectors.

Advertisers