Help! Halfords

spring68

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 19, 2020
Problems with Carrera Crossfire E bike battery arcing after only a year of ownership and just been fixed after x3 battery holder changed, new battery and looms. I have only down 1400 miles need for commuting 20 miles per day. (2nd halfords bike now)

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Have a search - it's a bike with inherent problems. If you want to stick with Halfords consider the Crossfuse .

Reactions: Amoto65

spring68

Jul 19, 2020
thank you for your reply i am new to the forum business. I had x2 electric bikes from halfords and my local branch doesnt seem capable of doing the repairs quickly and the spares held to fix these repairs are not there. still waiting for head office to reply to my hand written letter delivered by special delvery on Monday.

spring68

Jul 19, 2020
Hi welcome to the site
Hi welcome to the site
Thanks for the welcome i still need an electric bike for the hills to and from work, also i feel safe on the busy roads to get me out of trouble if need be. Anyone have any suggest to other e bike suppliers in the Derbyshire area who has a good knowledge of the electronics that comes with these bikes. I have a limited amount of inheritance money from my late Dad whom i purchased my first bike from Halfords the day after his funeral to get my weight off and get over his passing. This has helped loads but i have lost all confidence in this company but loved my bike !!!

Martin3520

Jun 28, 2020
I made the same mistake and bought from halfords as it was local and I thought I had a 2 year warranty. After running into problems 6 weeks into ownership I received **** poor customer services and realised they will say anything to get out of free repairs, you will wait weeks for these repairs and they will be very shoddy indeed. This has been my experience with my nearest 2 halfords stores and will never give them my custom again. I now use an independent bike shop some 30 miles away and get very good service from them .

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Juicy are in Derbyshire. I think their main place is in Ashbourne, but I think they might have something in Matlock too. Give them a call.

spring68

Jul 19, 2020
Thank you for all your advice. I will not be using Halfords ever again, bad customer service and the poor mechanics are under trained and poorly paid i bet. Be aware that most branches don't even train their bike mechanics on the E Bikes how can this be right!!!! Still my bike is not 100% fixed it just works and no error code but i know the new battery will arch out again Very lose battery holder still, worse than before.