Hailong controller upgrade

Kizzmirazz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 5, 2022
Hi this has probably been asked a 1000 times but can anyone help with this controller. I think its a hailong basic one on a basic ebike lol can it be derestricted or just swap for a new one
Its a 250w 36v 10Ah

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hailong controllers are integrated in the battery base, they will be potted and use smaller solid state components so no extra wires to play with. If the the bike doesn't give a bit more speed with the display speed adjusted then the speed is programmed set in the controller. Afaik Hailong sell two controller types that fit two the differing cases they cell, so they aren't compatible to each battery case. One is a long controller one is a short controller.
The only way for more speed is a 58v battery and controller.

Kizzmirazz

Apr 5, 2022
Hailong controllers are integrated in the battery base, they will be potted and use smaller solid state components so no extra wires to play with. If the the bike doesn't give a bit more speed with the display speed adjusted then the speed is programmed set in the controller. Afaik Hailong sell two controller types that fit two the differing cases they cell, so they aren't compatible to each battery case. One is a long controller one is a short controller.
The only way for more speed is a 58v battery and controller.
Ok the display panel is an led type so no adjustment possible and the mxum motor is only 36v 250w so would probably fry if I put 58v through it. Was only looking for 20mph instead of the resticted 15mph guessing im stuck with a slow ebike lol

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Its a typo and should be read 48v, 48v won't fry the motor unless the current is too high.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For 20 mph if the motor is wound for it, one would need a compatible lcd screen. Depends if the controller brand is Lishui or Kt, if the latter then it is easy if the led is a five wire digital one.

Kizzmirazz

Apr 5, 2022
For 20 mph if the motor is wound for it, one would need a compatible lcd screen. Depends if the controller brand is Lishui or Kt, if the latter then it is easy if the led is a five wire digital one.
This is the controller, controller panel and motor

Attachments

Kizzmirazz

Apr 5, 2022
Not sure what brand but the julet connector from led display has 5 pins

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Unless one knows the controller brand then one can't just buy and lcd as compatibility comes in.
The display will work but PAS won't all you will get is one pas level which is often PAS 1 only, not a lot else shows any info.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The led is similar to many other's that look the same so the ked it self is a generic design, it is the brand manufacturer who installs there own pcb/software where the incompatibility arises.
I din't know the brand from the designation on the rear, all I do know is it isn't Lishui or KT brand so I is unlikely one get a lcd readily on the market.
As usual the only thing to do is spend approx. £100 and replace the controller/electrics.

Kizzmirazz

Apr 5, 2022
The led is similar to many other's that look the same so the ked it self is a generic design, it is the brand manufacturer who installs there own pcb/software where the incompatibility arises.
I din't know the brand from the designation on the rear, all I do know is it isn't Lishui or KT brand so I is unlikely one get a lcd readily on the market.
As usual the only thing to do is spend approx. £100 and replace the controller/electrics.
Sounds like a plan

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One can get Hailong controllers but it has to be the correct size one, cost will be approx. $110 and likely vat + p&p.
This one is a Kuenteng KT model.

Kizzmirazz

Apr 5, 2022
One can get Hailong controllers but it has to be the correct size one, cost will be approx. $110 and likely vat + p&p.
This one is a Kuenteng KT model.

Just checked site its a mine field and how the hell you suppose to know what to get as a novice