Gone for the Honda

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
After waiting so long for the perfect kit to become available or for the Daahiub V2 to be released I have weakened and gone for a Honda 125 S-Wing. I will keep my brand new and unused Trek 6000 mothballed until the right kit becomes available.

The daahub had everything I needed and the asthetics of the battery did not bother me. It had the brake cut outs, 2 part pedelec sensor and a great display and motor. Eddie's bike had me drooling. I will just sit tight and wait and at least be able to get off to golf on the scooter. The wife is going to do a her CBT and will also have a go.

I will keep checking in as the wealth of technical knowledge with the occasional hilarious infantile spats keep me amused.

Just remember that the invective of the written word can easily be misconstrued by those of either a sensitive disposition or grossly over inflated ego. It has been entertaining to sit back and giggle.

Thanks for all the help and advice and I hope to be back soon.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
TRAITOR!........Bloomin rockers:D

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
You see there is such a good example of how my delicate sensibilities can be trashed:cool:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well done PJM, the sensible choice for your route and circumstances at present. You also deserve the gratitude of motorists going through the narrower sections of Sanderstead Hill, since you won't be holding them up as you would be on an e-bike when it's busy with two way traffic.

Enjoy!

Weather forecast not good for the rest of this week, but hopefully you'll be back on the North Downs course in sunshine again soon.

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
I am out on the course on a Saturday, come rain or shine. I recall playing several times over the winter and having to chip the ice off of the studs on my shoes. It is my one piece of sanctuary. Phone off and a few hours where everyone leaves me alone. However, I am still very much looking forward to adding the Daahub to my Trek as I have loved cycling since the days of my Raleigh trike as a five year old.Thinking back the bikes I have had as a child were food for the imagination and I could imagine they were all sorts, from a Spitfire to a Formula 1 car. I think I have said before cobbling together a barely rideable bike from various donated rusting hulks taught me a great deal about practicallity. It also gave me the drive to get out to work so I could have the money to spend on what I wanted and have a good life. What a lucky man I have been. All from a little three wheeler with a great little metal box on the back.

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Picked up the Honda today. Top quality as always. Quite surreal after all these years. I will still be fitting that Daahub as soon as it is available. Big hint David :)