Father-of-two, 52, died after falling off his bike when two cats fighting in the street cut across him and got stuck in his wheels

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Father-of-two, 52, died after falling off his bike when two cats fighting in the street cut across him and got stuck in his wheels

"'It's tough to say because I want my dad back, but his injuries could have been lessened or he could have been completely fine if he was wearing a helmet. So wear a b***** helmet.'"

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
I am sure the exclamation marks will encourage everyone to wear one.
Perhaps if the press reported facts such as if he was NO wearing one he may not have died leaving a family, the media are quick to report on all things such as "House fire kills X people" but never state if there was a smoke alarm or not that WOULD encourage idiots to fit/wear one.

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
I am sure the exclamation marks will encourage everyone to wear one.
Couldn't use ? as it would be a "question" so ! used, just plain ENGLISH language.

The exclamation mark (!) is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or to show emphasis.

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
Glad I was wearing a helmet after that badger jumped out of a hole in a roadside hedge and right in front of my bicycle. Broken head as well as a broken wrist. I might have been knocked unconscious when my head hit the road then run over.

Last edited:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
£65,000 for extendable lead accident

A CYCLING fanatic who fractured his skull when a dog lead caused his bike to crash has now been awarded a five figure payout.

Elderly lady in her 70s who tripped up a cyclist while walking a friend's dog on holiday pays out £65,000 compensation after injured biker spends three years tracking her down

"Mr Steele said he rang his bell to ask them to move aside. But a dog with the group then ran into his path and the retractable lead was caught up in the spokes."

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Couldn't use ? as it would be a "question" so ! used, just plain ENGLISH language.

The exclamation mark (!) is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or to show emphasis.
Yes indeed, the exclamation mark is a part of normal English writing. Seven though?

No - seven is abnormal.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Glad I was wearing a helmet after that badger jumped out of a hole in a roadside hedge and right in front of my bicycle. Broken head as well as a broken wrist. I might have been knocked unconscious when my head hit the road then run over.
You should sue the bugger.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Cyclist left with severe memory loss after swerving to avoid hitting dog

The 53-year-old was riding along when a dog appeared in front of him and he skidded to avoid it

"To avoid hurting it, he skidded, fell and hit his head on the floor, knocking him unconscious.

Paramedics were called to the scene and the man, who was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, was rushed to hospital with serious head injuries.

His devastated family have said he now suffers with severe memory loss and struggles to talk for longer than three minutes."

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Man seriously injured after his bike collides with unleashed dog on Beach trail; police looking to identify dog’s owners who left the scene

"A 69-year-old man is in hospital with a broken pelvis as a result of losing control of his bicycle and falling after a collision with an unleashed dog on a section of the Martin Goodman Trail through the Beach last Friday.

The incident took place at approximately 3:45 p.m. on the trail just west of the Kew Gardens Tennis Club courts on Friday, Oct. 15."

sneggysteve

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2020
Well I fell off today when an unleashed dog had a go at me - no injuries and I do wear a helmet. Despite ringing my bell when approaching the owner from behind, she couldn't hear anything with her music ear buds stuffed in.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I fell off yesterday at low speed when I was riding my new E-move folder around a tight bend that was flooded by the waterboard running a main into the road. The bloody thing just lost it at teh back and it went down. I didn't hit the ground - really the bike just went down.

I make it a practice never to ride at any speed past dogs, people or children (yes children are people), or sheep. All of these are prone to act unpredictably. If you come off at anything but slow speed while passing a child or an animal you need to re-evaluate how you are riding. That said, a dog attacking someone is a different matter.

People who are in charge of children or animals need to take their responsibilities seriously too.

People in general are a menace at times. I sometimes sympathise with my grouchy neighbour. He is immunocompromised and during the covid time he was keeping even more to himself than he usually does. I asked him if he wasn't getting a bit lonely with all the isolation. He said - "No. Not at all. I HATE people'.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'm wondering if these ultrasonic whistles would sound if attached within the spokes of my 20" wheels. Drill holes through the bases, tight ziptie on? They're pretty small and supposedly work on deer, might scare dogs cats and squirrels etc?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333856211853

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I'm wondering if these ultrasonic whistles would sound if attached within the spokes of my 20" wheels. Drill holes through the bases, tight ziptie on? They're pretty small and supposedly work on deer, might scare dogs cats and squirrels etc?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333856211853
You should be given a 'noise asbo', like people with dogs that bark all the time, for turning a wonderful, silent bicycle into a howling machine.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You should be given a 'noise asbo', like people with dogs that bark all the time, for turning a wonderful, silent bicycle into a howling machine.
Dogs are bad witnesses. Easily bribed with biscuits, nobody will believe a word they say. Cats are even less co-oprative.

Reactions: Ghost1951