EVERCROSS EV12M Kids Ride On Motorcycle

adamsowy

Just Joined
Oct 17, 2024
Hi Guys, I bought the above motorbike for my 6 year old son at the beginning of this year and I am looking for to make it a bit faster as a winter project and so my son can enjoy using it (spring 2025) a bit more as he keep asking me to make it quicker. I was hoping that a controller replacement would be enough. I can not find any specific information about the current controller so not sure what to get.

A link to the manufactures website for the controller replacement.

Can anyone please advise what can be done to make it a bit quicker, max 22mph instead 15mph? Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Pictures seem to show no front brake. At 22mph, kinetic energy is more than double that at 15mph, so (a) twice as damaging in an 'off' and (b) in need of more stopping power.

My vote is for don't do it.

Reactions: Ghost1951

adamsowy

Just Joined
Oct 17, 2024
Pictures seem to show no front brake. At 22mph, kinetic energy is more than double that at 15mph, so (a) twice as damaging in an 'off' and (b) in need of more stopping power.

Thanks for replying, I agree with you 100% however I still would like to make it a bit faster.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
before attempting any controller upgrades check the battery drain capacity, in all likelihood its built to cost with the cheapest battery that can provide just enough power to carry a toddler at its max speed as is.

Attempting to drain more power than the battery can supply will in the best case result in the battery BMS protection cutting in and cutting off the power, or in the worst case.. well we all know what lithium batteries do in the worst case..

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

Too true. My sons hurt themselves badly enough on bikes under their own power, let alone a 22 miles an hour motorbike. I've seen some of the Heli Med videos with young teens lying on the ground in agony with a bone sticking out of their trouser leg after a spill on a motorcross bike.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
That looks like a brushed motor controller. Unlike our brushless ones, brushed motors don't like giving much extra power. You can use any 36v brushed motor controller you want, but it might not make it go any faster. Lift the wheel off the ground and see what speed it spins up to. If it's still 15 mph, the same as when you ride it, the controller has a speed restriction, in which case a different one might release it. If it's the power that's limiting the speed, you could try a 15A controller, but it depends what battery you have. You can't get more power if the battery is only small. The listing says 4Ah!

if you want proper advise, you need to give us a lot more info.

esuark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2019
kent
Too true. My sons hurt themselves badly enough on bikes under their own power, let alone a 22 miles an hour motorbike. I've seen some of the Heli Med videos with young teens lying on the ground in agony with a bone sticking out of their trouser leg after a spill on a motorcross bike.
Quite agree. There was a place I used to practice when I competed in motor cycle trials. I came past one day in the car to see a guy laying on the ground I turned around to investigate and found him on his own lying there with a second knee joint halfway down his shin. I had to call for emergency services to help him. Needless to say I never went practicing on my own ever again.

Related Articles

Advertisers