Electric Folder Recommendations please (under £950)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Not surprised that they were recommended on motorhome forums, as at the shows you dont get an opportunity to see much else! Shows seems to be operating a cartel and not allowing new companies to demonstrate their E bikes. One of the dealers on here, Dave of Kudos bikes (after I recommended trying shows) was told no as the other e bike dealers did not want the competition!lol

I Know a couple on MMM forum that bought certain bikes after being advised on here there were better for the money....They posted back on here about problems and they regretted the experience

personally I think folders to compromised a cycling experience unless you have no choice...you have perfectly capable bikes so I just dont get it...

Last edited:

jhruk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
If you don’t like small wheel bikes have you considered a 26” folder? There are several new 26” Dahon models on ebay at much reduced prices. Just add one of the many electric kits and you’d have full sized folding electric bikes for a very reasonable price. They should fit into a motorhome more easily than non folders.

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
If you don’t like small wheel bikes have you considered a 26” folder? There are several new 26” Dahon models on ebay at much reduced prices. Just add one of the many electric kits and you’d have full sized folding electric bikes for a very reasonable price. They should fit into a motorhome more easily than non folders.
Cheers for advice - that was the way i am currently thinking of pursuing either a 24-26" folder and see how urgent "power" would actually be required.
Alan