ecrazyman controler

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Thanks so much for that Jeremy :)

Turned up this morning complete with full fitting instructions!

Regards

Jerry

aseb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2009
Sorry, I sent Jerry the last spare one I had. You can replace a Crystalyte Hall sensor fairly easily though. There are several guides on ES as to how to do it (here's one: Endless-sphere.com • View topic - Crystalyte Hall sensor replacement). The sensors are readily available from several sources, as they are a standard Honeywell part.

The sensorless modules came from Shijje Ge ("Keywin" or e-crazyman on ebay) who can be contacted at ecrazyman(at)gmail.com. He may be slow to respond, though.

Yeah, already been talking to the guys on E-S. I've got as far as getting a side cover off but I've got to try and get the rotor out from the magnets to get to the halls (already have Honeywells to change all 3). I just had a quick try but it's going to take a big push (10 inch diameter so the pullers are silly money). I certainly won't need a puller for the bearings- they just lift out.
I like the idea of a quick cheap way to get the bike moving if it happens again so I can repair at a convenient time of my choosing so I'll try and get one of those bits of kit 'just in case'.

Last edited:

jateureka2

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 19, 2010
QLD Australia
Similar question - I tried a 48v ecrazyman sensorless controller on an ezee hub and it hates startups (jerky clunky noise) until it's running at about 5mph and then seems to be ok till about 18mph when the power comes in and out and if you open the throttle more then nothing happens but it uses more power. Any ideas? Can an ezee hub (sensored) be run sensorless?
A KU93 high speed sensorless controller will work, I have used it on a Mac motor. I tried a KU63 that was modded for increased current but this would not work - juddering/jerky starts.