ecrazyman controler

rpurchon

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
will a ecrazyman 6 fet eb306 sensored controler work with a sensorless motor.
i have a 8 fun kit running on 12 cell lipo.
i wanted a controler to try a bit more power and be able to set cut off voltage.
new controler arived,but i cant get it to work.wheel just moves a tiny bit.
programing cable works fine,and programes.
richard

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I remember when I bought a controller from him, that I had to specify that I wanted a sensorless controller.
I don't think he sells a controller that does both in one single unit.

BTW, his sensorless controllers are surprisingly smooth when run with a geared motor, and are instant start ;)

Last edited:

rpurchon

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
yes i did specify sensorless but one with terminal for hall wires,arrived.
i have seen other controlers advertised which wil do both.
just wondering whether this will.
usung it in a 8fun geared front hub.
richard

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I'm sure one of the controller gurus will be along soon, to give a definitive answer on this one.

I'm fairly sure that the twin mode controllers automatically detect a hall sensor fail, and switch over to sensorless without user input.

If yours isn't running without the hall sensor connector attached, then it's probably a sensored controller only.

D

Deleted member 4366

Controllers from the same suppliers are always changing, so we'd need to see what you've got. Some have a learning procedure. Did you get a wiring diagram and did it show any learning wires?

rpurchon

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
ecrazyman 48v 350w,with pas ,3 speed switch,and throttle,plus program lead.
no wiring diagram.i was hoping some one could say yes or no.if no i will put on ebay and order again.
i have emailed keywin.
i have had cover off to trace wires back to board,to make sure i had throtle and pas wired corectly.which was ok.no learning wires.or any other xtra wires.
also, inline brake cut outs. does any one which contact on the board to wire in the inline brake cut outs to.the 3 wire type with red led when on.
they have 5v pos / neg.and green 4 v+ wire going to zero when brakes applied.
richard
1 eb306.jpg2 eb 306.jpg

Last edited:

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Why not just hook it up and try it? Wire the phases, spin the wheel a few times then try the throttle.

You'll know for certain whether it works or not.

rpurchon

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
i have tryed it.it only moves a gnats wisker thats it
.dont want to freeze my balls off in the garage all night if it aint gona work.
Electric Motor= Latest 8Fun 36V 250W intelligent brushless Front wheel motor-QSWXK, without Hall Sensor
richard

rpurchon

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
just got email from ecrazyman .he has sent out wrong controler.going to send another tommorow
richard

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Late to the thread but no, the E-C sensor'd controller wont drive a sensor-less motor.

Jeremy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2007
Salisbury
for sale Ecrazyman controler 48v 350 watt 15amp max.sensored.
or can obviously be programmed to what ever voltage/amps you want.
pas connector.3 speed switch connector.programming fly lead.
std connectors.
£30 if any one intersted i can put on ebay. post from sunny yorkshire
richard
48V 350W brushless controller for E - bike & scooter | eBay
I very rarely look in here, but you've been given duff info. What you have is a Xiechang controller that can easily be made to run as a sensorless controller, with the addition of the standard Xiechang sensorless module. I have one or two of these spare and will gladly send you one, free. They only cost a £1 or two anyway from Shijje Ge (a.k.a. Keywin or e-crazyman on ebay). Fitting the sensorless module involves relocating the Hall sensor wires inside the controller to the small postage stamp sized module, plus adding three wires to the phase connections in the controller and wires to the internal 12V supply and ground.

If you don't feel confident at adding this to your controller, then I could probably do it for you.

piotrmacheta

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2009
Similar question - I tried a 48v ecrazyman sensorless controller on an ezee hub and it hates startups (jerky clunky noise) until it's running at about 5mph and then seems to be ok till about 18mph when the power comes in and out and if you open the throttle more then nothing happens but it uses more power. Any ideas? Can an ezee hub (sensored) be run sensorless? The reason I'm doing this is I have a problem with one of the hall sensors.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Can an ezee hub (sensored) be run sensorless? The reason I'm doing this is I have a problem with one of the hall sensors.
I purchased a ecrazyman sensored one by accident and would like to run it sensorless, but was told that it is not possible. If Jeremy is reading then hopefully he can advise :p

Ah just re-read the thread looks like I need to pm Jeremy for a sensorless module (embarrassed look). Having said that the low powered ones don't cost that much so I might as well just keep it in case I end up with a sensored motor.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

Jeremy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2007
Salisbury
No problem with running a sensored Xiechang as sensorless with the add-on module. I fitted one to a 6 FET controller a few weeks ago to drive an old Tongxin sensorless motor on my new Swift folder and it worked just fine. Start up isn't as good as with a sensored motor, but then the Tongxin start up wasn't all that great when I was running it on the original Tongxin controller (which blew up, as they were prone to do). I always found it best to let the bike roll a bit before opening the throttle, as that seemed to make things nice and smooth.

I have one more spare sensorless module, Jerry, having posted the other one off to Richard this morning. If you PM me your address I'll pop it in the post to you.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Thanks Jeremy. I saw your Swift conversion and very nice it was too. My Swift is sat waiting for conversion.

I am a big fan of Tongxins though as you state they have a few peculiarities. I am also testing the new Keyde lighter Tongxin versions at the moment.

PM sent.

Regards

Jerry

aseb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2009
I've just had a hall sensor fail on my crystalyte motor. After checking the small 5 pin plug cable grip had never been tightened, it was under heatshrink so I never saw it was loose. It looks like a cable pulled loose and shorted out killing one hall sensor.
My controller won't run sensorless so I'm faced with stripping the motor or getting a new controller capable of running sensorless. It's a 5305 so they're big magnets on a big rotor (250mm) so buying a 3 leg puller is prohibitively expensive.
One of those modules would possibly be a good (easier) solution. It looks like they're all gone, but can you tell me where I could order one?

Jeremy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2007
Salisbury
Sorry, I sent Jerry the last spare one I had. You can replace a Crystalyte Hall sensor fairly easily though. There are several guides on ES as to how to do it (here's one: Endless-sphere.com • View topic - Crystalyte Hall sensor replacement). The sensors are readily available from several sources, as they are a standard Honeywell part.

The sensorless modules came from Shijje Ge ("Keywin" or e-crazyman on ebay) who can be contacted at ecrazyman(at)gmail.com. He may be slow to respond, though.