Ebike controller wiring

cem1965

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 24, 2022
Hi, i am wanting to learn about contorller motherboards and was wondering if anyone could explain what the pin codes mean on the board like HW-HV-HU-5V-VCC and so on. As i realy would like to get to know more about how ebikes work and posible modding controllers.

Any help is appreciated thanks
PS some pictures would be great, thanks again for any help.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
There are three motor phases and three associated hall sensors. The phases are designated U, V and W. The markings are therefore:
Hall sensor W
Hall sensor V
Hall sensor U
5v
VCC is normally battery voltage.

jowley

Just Joined
Jun 22, 2024
I would like to know what s1 s2 and b mean. My controller wires to s1 and b, not s2. I'm wondering what they mean

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
S usually is an indicator to speed or speed sensing.
Can be restriction , motor signal, PAS , brake or throttle related.
Various boards use differing S indicators so ideally one would need to show a pic of the board .

#2 as said is 100% correct.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
The solid line in the PCB print overlay beside your S1 and S2 suggests they are electrically connected so the same, allowing a separate space for each of the two wires from the two cables.

The designer allowed space for separation, the human fingers assembling the board have chosen to combine them into S1.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I would like to know what s1 s2 and b mean. My controller wires to s1 and b, not s2. I'm wondering what they mean
You don't go by the board markings. Instead, you go by the wires that are attached to them. You have three white wires. The two that go to S1 are the speed sensor wires. One comes from the speed sensor connector and the other comes from the motor. As they perform the same function, they're soldered to the same point, which is an input to the main processor. The third wire is the throttle. I can't see the marking for where it goes, but it's also a direct input to the main processor.

If you explain what you want to know and why or what you're trying to achieve maybe we can help. Codes on boards generally mean nothing.

cem1965

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 24, 2022
Hi, i am wanting to learn about contorller motherboards and was wondering if anyone could explain what the pin codes mean on the board like HW-HV-HU-5V-VCC and so on. As i realy would like to get to know more about how ebikes work and posible modding controllers.

Any help is appreciated thanks
PS some pictures would be great, thanks again for any help.
Can anyone please tell me why bafang don't show prices on there website.
I think it is so they can charge higher or lower price for for the same item and people will not be no wiser.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Can anyone please tell me why bafang don't show prices on there website.
I think it is so they can charge higher or lower price for for the same item and people will not be no wiser.
It's because they don't sell to the public. They only sell to traders and OEM. The price depends on how many they buy and other factors.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh