E-bike journeys and pictures around the South Tyne Valley

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Thought I'd ride a different bike today than my Bafang powered mid drive conversion, so I dug this one out of the garage and took it for a spin.

15 Kilowatts certainly makes a difference on the hills. :)

The new Royal Enfields are certainly not fast bikes by motor bike standards but it is a MASSIVE nostalgia fest. This one is pretty much brand new. It's a year old but only has 305 miles on it. Lovely blat blatting about on a chunky single cylinder bike on a nice day.

The REALLY ridiculous thing is that you can buy one of these brand new for about the same money as a Bosch Ebike. I bought this one last October with 62 miles on it and four months old for £3600 and that price included delivery from the opposite end of the country - about 360 miles away.

Last edited:

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Took this photo of the Top of Skidaw in the Lake District four days ago when I was there.

Then I played about with the digital zoom on the phone camera and got this one of the same scene.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Thought I'd ride a different bike today than my Bafang powered mid drive conversion, so I dug this one out of the garage and took it for a spin.

View attachment 59065

15 Kilowatts certainly makes a difference on the hills. :)

The new Royal Enfields are certainly not fast bikes by motor bike standards but it is a MASSIVE nostalgia fest. This one is pretty much brand new. It's a year old but only has 305 miles on it. Lovely blat blatting about on a chunky single cylinder bike on a nice day.

The REALLY ridiculous thing is that you can buy one of these brand new for about the same money as a Bosch Ebike. I bought this one last October with 62 miles on it and four months old for £3600 and that price included delivery from the opposite end of the country - about 360 miles away.
I am immensly jealous.. I'd have one in a shot but I don't have a garage and live in a terraced house. Bum:(

Reactions: Ghost1951

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I am immensly jealous.. I'd have one in a shot but I don't have a garage and live in a terraced house. Bum:(
Have you a secure yard at the back Ben? You could build a shed in it if you have. The biggest issue for any motorcycle fan in terms of storage is security. Theft of bikes is at ridiculous levels. Even without a shed in the yard, if you can secure the entrance, you can use all over covers. Just make sure the yard's door width is enough. You can weadle them in though. I used to keep a motor bike in my kitchen. I used to fiddle one side of the handle bar through the door frame first, and then the other. It can be done.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Unfortunately the only way through to the garden is through the hall,living room and kitchen - not a straight line. Plus, it's a Welsh house, none of the doors are standard width. I just about get away with our bikes.

Reactions: Ghost1951