dealers price for a 500w bosch battrey

Denis99

Pedelecer
May 26, 2016
South Wales
www.instagram.com
I would still prefer to support my local bike shop.

Any warranty work, or repair work to get me out riding would fat outweigh the saving.

Imagine trying to send the bike back if the frame breaks, motor packs up, wheels go wrong etc.

I don't want to see just online shops with no local support and advice.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you will soon get used to sorting it ur self if you get any problems, i never even taken a wheel off b4 i got my bike and can now strip it down and rebuild it.

also charging 25 quid for 1 bolt is way over the top haibike part lol

Denis99

Pedelecer
May 26, 2016
South Wales
www.instagram.com
I recently had the misfortune to break the rear mech hanger.

Rear mech went into the wheel and broke a spoke at the same time.

I'm fairly competent at fixing most things, so my local bike shop helped me out the next day with the right size spoke.
I fixed the wheel and was out and about.

Reassurance from the shop on the right length spoke, and what spoke ( they are not all equal),

If we don't support the LBS , we won't have one.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my spokes are 14 quid each so best not to brake them ;)

when i broke my xd hub and could not remove it 3 shops did not even want to touch it and the one that did help out i ended up in the work shop doing it myself anyway with there tools.

he never seen one b4 so never had a clue other it had to come off to fit the new one i got under warranty from crank brothers.

cb even said if it would not come off to send them the hole wheel back with the hub and would replace it.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they deal in road bikes but at least they had a go, the other hi end place is booked 2 months solid most of the year.

problem is my back wheel cost more than most of the bikes in the shops lol think it was 600 quid rrp with a 300 quid cassette on it and a 90 xd hub.:eek:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Dave

I thought customs duty of 6% is applied first, then VAT is added to the total. If so that's a shade over 26%. A bit like petrol. Fuel duty is added then the whole lot has VAT applied.

Using the customs website it appears this duty and then VAT is also added to transport costs and transit insurance.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/saved_calculations/view_details/205858143/
You are correct the duty is paid onto insurance and also added to any tooling which is required to produce the bikes,then the vat is added.
HMRC probably make more money out of ebike sales than the importer.
I always think that vat hurts product worse at around £1000,£200 seems a lot at that price level.
KudosDave

Reactions: Crockers

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you cant the bms is password protected so if you start ripping it apart and adding new cells the bms will not do anything less its rebooted and only bosch can do that.

trust i looked every where to try and do it,you just cant until someone cracks it software wise.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
not looked tbh but i have not seen a after market batt for them so i guess you cant same as the bosh battery.

there is now a 500w batt but not seen it on sale anywhere?

does it say where it was made on the back? as my 400 was made in Poland and the 500 in Hungary

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no idea then cant even find a pic of the inside of them lol.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its 50 quid more than the 400w bosch, ebike shop sells them same price but will not sell you one if not bought bike from him:rolleyes:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
In theory, a market should deal with the over pricing by Bosch.
But, if people insist on paying high prices, then they set the market.