Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
You don't bleeding well tweet condolences. You write. Maybe, depending on circumstances, email. But not tweet.

Health secretary Matt Hancock tweeted his condolences to the family of the first person to die in the UK with coronavirus.

Any tweeting is for public consumption. "Am I not wonderful? I realised that someone died."

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
What do you think the result will be of this complaint?

300 allegations of Tory Islamophobia sent to equality watchdog
Muslim Council of Britain’s dossier includes claims against Boris Johnson and MPs
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/05/300-allegations-of-tory-islamophobia-sent-to-equality-watchdog

My guess is a massive upsurge in allegations of antisemitism in Labour. If you have no defence, point your finger at someone else.
Probably an easy win for Labour. The finial score could be in the region of Tories 350, Labour 475. I don’t think this one will go to a Muslim / Jew penalty shoot out.

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Telegraph carries this
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2020/03/05/men-far-likely-die-coronavirus-women-analysis-shows/
Men far more likely to die from coronavirus than women, analysis shows
The sex imbalance may be caused by men suffering more underlying health problems, or women having a stronger immune system
Coronavirus is far more deadly for men than women, with males 65 per cent more likely to die from an infection than females, new analysis shows.
The latest breakdown of figures from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and Chinese scientists, shows that of all suspected cases 1.7 per cent of women who contract the virus will die, compared with 2.8 per cent of men.
In confirmed cases, the infection is fatal for 4.7 per cent of men, but just 2.8 per cent of women, even though the gender balance for those testing positive is roughly split in half.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster and Woosh

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Amusing BS in the Express
"
Boris praised by BBC Question Time panel for doing a ‘good job’ amid Coronavirus outbreak
BORIS Johnson was heaped with praise as BBC Question Time returned last night in Tunbridge Wells where the big topic on everybody's minds was the Coronavirus.
By MILLIE BULL

Note the name: BULL

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Amusing BS in the Express
"
Boris praised by BBC Question Time panel for doing a ‘good job’ amid Coronavirus outbreak
BORIS Johnson was heaped with praise as BBC Question Time returned last night in Tunbridge Wells where the big topic on everybody's minds was the Coronavirus.
By MILLIE BULL

Note the name: BULL

He‘s doing a great job. Boris has some plans and they are going to see how things pan out and he’s going to do some stuff. Unlike with Brexit, he’s even conceded to listen to experts. Plus, he’s got a strap-line. He gave us, Take Back Control and Oven Ready Deal for Brexit and look how good that is. Now we have Contain, Delay, and two more things, for Coronavirus. This man is at the top of his game. You are being unfair.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Brexit: "Preparations cost government more than £4bn says National Audit Office"...and there will be plenty more where that went!

Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
He‘s doing a great job. Boris has some plans and they are going to see how things pan out and he’s going to do some stuff. Unlike with Brexit, he’s even conceded to listen to experts. Plus, he’s got a strap-line. He gave us, Take Back Control and Oven Ready Deal for Brexit and look how good that is. Now we have Contain, Delay, and two more things, for Coronavirus. This man is at the top of his game. You are being unfair.
His plan consists of counting the dead, in the hope it will all go away.
£4 Billion spent on Brexit, how many billions on finding a cure?
None

And do you really think any of those plans can be traced back to Boris?
Ha ha ha ho ho ho etc, love the joke. :cool:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
His plan consists of counting the dead, in the hope it will all go away.
£4 Billion spent on Brexit, how many billions on finding a cure?
None

And do you really think any of those plans can be traced back to Boris?
Ha ha ha ho ho ho etc, love the joke. :cool:
Bring out your dead! Brexit is all about nostalgia and how wonderful things used to be before the evil EU stole all of our sovereignty. Bring out your dead!

Just think of all those pensions, like mine, they won’t have to pay anymore. Why would they want a non productive, lay about parasite like me to survive? They’ve had the money out of me, if they don’t have to pay any of it back in the form of a pension, it’s a win. They can give my money to a multi millionaire in the form of a tax cut.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
On QT health minister was a bit stumped when asked about problem with self quarantining when home has other family members living in it as well. Mumbled something about trying to avoid them as much as possible and wash around a lot. MPs can move into their 2nd homes / hotel on expenses. Obviously didn't get my memo about garden shed or loft.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Volunteers, and when we run out of them, poor people, on zero hours contracts to keep them focused.
As young people don't get effected use bob-a-job with a community service badge as a bonus

Herding grannies into protective self-isolation with the old garden needs mowing trick ...

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: gw8izr

gw8izr

Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I was driving for 8 hours yesterday so I missed all the fun here, but I did spend a bit of time thinking about what is a better system than the recommendations of self isolation at this stage.

As always - answers including would have, should have could have are not acceptable ;-)

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Relaxation sessions to help ensure a healthy immune system

Dr. Corvus D. Clemmons, ASMR Plague Doctor, spends over an hour with you performing various tests and treatments in an effort to trigger your ASMR, help you relax, sleep and relieve you of all your worries and stresses.

Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Bring out your dead! Brexit is all about nostalgia and how wonderful things used to be before the evil EU stole all of our sovereignty. Bring out your dead!

Just think of all those pensions, like mine, they won’t have to pay anymore. Why would they want a non productive, lay about parasite like me to survive? They’ve had the money out of me, if they don’t have to pay any of it back in the form of a pension, it’s a win. They can give my money to a multi millionaire in the form of a tax cut.
I think the best we can do is write and ask Tom Lehrer to come out of retirement and pen a new song along the lines of " We will all go together when we go, every Hottentot and every Eskimo"

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
As young people don't get effected use bob-a-job with a community service badge as a bonus

Herding grannies into protective self-isolation with the old garden needs mowing trick ...
And here for general delight is the Boy Scouts Marching song

• :D

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I was driving for 8 hours yesterday so I missed all the fun here, but I did spend a bit of time thinking about what is a better system than the recommendations of self isolation at this stage.

As always - answers including would have, should have could have are not acceptable ;-)
Lets see now
Boris says make yourself scarce, like I do

Trump says there isn't a problem if you are too thick to understand there is

Kim Jong un is the only one with a definitely effective plan

Hose victims ( indeed anyone within ten miles) down with a flame thrower, or use Napalm for bigger outbreaks.

Advertisers