Help! Brainpower wiring help .

Andy1433

Just Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Hi all , I'm new to electrical bikes but having serous problems trying to wire this up .
The bike worked ok but had been fitted with a thirty six volt led display that showed the battery was low as it's a twenty four volt battery .also it would only run on low speed presumably because of this .
I bought a brainpower kit with led matched display and it now shows a full battery but that is all that's ok .
I can only get the wheel to turn on the up and down power setting but it isn't turned off by applying the brake .
the peddle assist doesn't work anymore .

I'm good with motorcycle wiring but this is getting to me . Does anyone have a wiring diagram that works .

It's a hopper shopper front wheel powered with only three wires going to the motor .
Thank yoi
Andy

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The BP controller kit is a Hall sensored motor kit and some controllers kits won't run with out the Halls .
Your hub isn't sensored so will have issues .

Ideally one is better off with an unsensored controller or a dual hall/non hall controller kit.
A KT controller kit with the L settings will likely work as will a KU65/95 with LED810 but they aren't as nice as the KT's.

Last edited:

Andy1433

Just Joined
Jul 21, 2024
The BP controller kit is a Hall sensored motor kit and some/most kits won't run with out the Halls .
Your hub isn't sensored so will have issues .

Ideally one is better off with an unsensored controller .
Hi Neath ,
thank you for the info , can you advise which controller would work . This is the one that was on the bike originally but with the 36 v led display .
Thank you

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi all , I'm new to electrical bikes but having serous problems trying to wire this up .
The bike worked ok but had been fitted with a thirty six volt led display that showed the battery was low as it's a twenty four volt battery .also it would only run on low speed presumably because of this .
I bought a brainpower kit with led matched display and it now shows a full battery but that is all that's ok .
I can only get the wheel to turn on the up and down power setting but it isn't turned off by applying the brake .
the peddle assist doesn't work anymore .

I'm good with motorcycle wiring but this is getting to me . Does anyone have a wiring diagram that works .

It's a hopper shopper front wheel powered with only three wires going to the motor .
Thank yoi
Andy
The controller has self-learning, so you have to do the self-learning procedure first. Connect the green wires, then switch on with the motor wheel in the air. After a few seconds the motor should star whirring slowly. If the wheel rotates in the right direction, switch off and disconnect the green wires. That's it. If the motor whirls but the wheel doesn't turn or rotates backwards. Switch off and repeat. Each time you do it, the motor reverses direction.

If that doesn't sort it, you have a connection issue, so show us what you've done.

Most Brainpower controllers are dual mode, so don't rush out and buy another one yet. The self-learning teaches the controller whether you have hall sensors or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: harrys