Bosch power pack 400

Greenerboy

Just Joined
Jun 9, 2020
Hi I’m looking for advice . My wife has a Matra (French) pedalec and I put the battery on charge to discover it was dead. No lights appear on the Bosch Powerpack 400 rack battery even after an attempted reset. How can I determine whether it’s charger or battery? No light on the charger to indicate whether working or not. Thanks.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Hi I’m looking for advice . My wife has a Matra (French) pedalec and I put the battery on charge to discover it was dead. No lights appear on the Bosch Powerpack 400 rack battery even after an attempted reset. How can I determine whether it’s charger or battery? No light on the charger to indicate whether working or not. Thanks.
Easiest way is to find someone else or a dealer with a Bosch powered bike and swap batteries/chargers.
If there is no light at all on the battery when pressing the button in, then chances are its probably that though.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if the batt wont light up then the bms is dead and a bin job as no way to fix that and bosch dont sell bms boards.

the charger wont turn on until it connects to the bms so only way to test it is with another working battery.

Greenerboy

Just Joined
Jun 9, 2020
if the batt wont light up then the bms is dead and a bin job as no way to fix that and bosch dont sell bms boards.

the charger wont turn on until it connects to the bms so only way to test it is with another working battery.
Easiest way is to find someone else or a dealer with a Bosch powered bike and swap batteries/chargers.
If there is no light at all on the battery when pressing the button in, then chances are its probably that though.
Thanks for the advice. Not looking good

Greenerboy

Just Joined
Jun 9, 2020

Thanks for the help. Doesn't sound at all promising.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Even if you were to send the battery to Bosh they will just bin it, my brother tried that route years ago. Bosh will not entertain any repair.

Reactions: Greenerboy

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they can be recelled if they have a working bms but as it wont even give a error code means it is most likely a dead bms.

there are 40 cells inside the pack if you can make use of them.

Reactions: Greenerboy