Befang 8fun display not working

1fifer1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 14, 2023
Hi my Befang 8fun display isn't working at all, I've checked it against another working one and still no luck, I followed the correct procedure IE battery connection last etc, so my question is two fold what could be wrong and where on the the east coat (Scarborough) will I find a shop for the repair if needed ?,
many thanks

1fifer1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 14, 2023
That would make sense, it's a c961 display and I believe the motor is the bbs01
regards

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
there are two common problems unless you've been messing about with it and shorted a pin. Firstly, pulled cables that detach from the pcb, and secondly, water in them that generally messes them up completely. One other problem is a cable tie too tight, which cuts the wire inside the insulation. These things are not normally repairable except maybe the pulled wire. The C961 comes apart when you undo the screws in the back, so it's worth having a look at the wires. If that's not it, you buy a new one from Ebay, Aliexpress, Amazon or wherever you want.

When wires to an LCD get shorted, there is always a danger that the controller gets wiped out too. Did you try your good LCD on the defective bike?