Battery Monitor/ Cycle Analyst

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
C

Cyclezee

Hi Dave,

I did consider importing the stand alone CA and I still might if there is enough interest.
Currently, I only stock eZee compatible products.

Apologies to Scotty, my previous post was a bit facetious, but I don't think you will find them cheaper:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

donkeydoo

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2011
Hi Dave

Will this fit on my Ezee Torq and if so How?

Thanks

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I have the impression that Speedict is better than Cycle analyst because it adds a map, allow you to view the data on the laptop, reduce the number of cables and clean the handlebar with 1 phone doing all.

What are the strenght of the cycle analyst except that it doesn't require a phone to do that?

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I have the impression that Speedict is better than Cycle analyst because it adds a map
The Speedict isn't adding a map perse, its the phone which provides that of course assuming it has GPS built in for real time positioning.

At about half the cost of the standalone cycle analyst though, its certainly interesting and I will be watching Dave's update when his arrives.

PS thinking about it I am not sure why you need the attached odo magnet surely the GPS in the phone can provide the speed ?

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
Ditto! If it ain't broke don't fix it! My small-brick Nokia survives Monsoons, erratic charging voltages and general neglect. It's thief-proof by virtue of its age. It makes and receives calls & texts and works equally well on a variety of African sym-cards.
The only reason I upgraded fom my "small-brick Nokia" is so that I could have a decent camera, mp3 player, and radio (and phone!) in one package for convenience' sake. I don't bother with the internet unless I'm at home or similar; too expensive anyway on PAYG. I've still got two Nokias in a drawer in case of emergencies (and because they have zero resale value).

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Jerry, the speed on the GPS is not as accurate as the speed from the magnet. And some mobile may not have GPS, so in that case they can still have the speed.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Hmmm, the GPS app I have on my iPhone is darn accurate, there's a small delay between 'updates' but it seems to be very accurate more so than my car speedo....

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
What application do you use on your iphone?

For me I use it with GPS applications such as TomTom or Navigon.

As you said, speed correction are not done instantly because it is calculated from the previous location, but I don't think it can be more precise than a bike speedo because GPS localisation by itself is not very precise (1-2m radius variable).

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Apologies to Scotty, my previous post was a bit facetious, but I don't think you will find them cheaper:eek:
No offence taken. I was just being tight! I will invest one of the days when I push past the 60v thresh hold.

My gps on the iPhone is also quite accurate even in poor weather. It's not perfect like a standalone unit. But for a phone it's quite good.
It does do Sally things though. Once I got 98mph on one commute lol

Last edited: