Battery Fires

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I'm talking about the time before the big boss decided to dismantle the social and economic structures of the Western world for their Great Reset. The first part of their plan was to destroy the UK as it was the most powerful, then they started on USA, the next most powerful. At the moment they're working on Germany, which was "the powerhouse of the European economy" and was basically paying for the EEC. Germany is rapidly becoming an also ran with their economy going into deficit for the first time since the rebuild, then the EEC will be unsustainable and they'll attempt to fix it by moving to their "One World Government".
I think you might be trialling plots for your new fantasy novel about a dystopian world going to pot.

Stop giving us teasers and let us read the whole thing. I really want to know who these evil masterminds are. I think Flemming's Ernst Blofeld is going to be deposed as the most evil arch villain in literature when you publish the whole thing. Mind you - you will have to struggle through the morass of publisher's submissions readers before you can get it into print - maybe better to go through Amazon and share the profits with Bezos.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I'm talking about the time before the big boss decided to dismantle the social and economic structures of the Western world for their Great Reset. The first part of their plan was to destroy the UK as it was the most powerful, then they started on USA, the next most powerful. At the moment they're working on Germany, which was "the powerhouse of the European economy" and was basically paying for the EEC. Germany is rapidly becoming an also ran with their economy going into deficit for the first time since the rebuild, then the EEC will be unsustainable and they'll attempt to fix it by moving to their "One World Government".
Give us the timeline, the years since these events are supposed to have happened (destruction of the UK economy and the USA economy).
All we see is Russian interference. They want to prove that democracy as we have at present in Western Europe and the USA doesn't work and Russia has the money to wage the propaganda war through social networks.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I think you might be trialling plots for your new fantasy novel about a dystopian world going to pot.

Stop giving us teasers and let us read the whole thing. I really want to know who these evil masterminds are. I think Flemming's Ernst Blofeld is going to be deposed as the most evil arch villain in literature when you publish the whole thing. Mind you - you will have to struggle through the morass of publisher's submissions readers before you can get it into print - maybe better to go through Amazon and share the profits with Bezos.
In theory, the answer is very simple to get. Ask yourself who manages $10.43 trillion assets, then ask who owns them and who owns them. In practice the network of relationships becomes very tricky to establish (intentionally so) as you go down blind alleys and through smokey bar rooms.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Give us the timeline, the years since these events are supposed to have happened (destruction of the UK economy and the USA economy).
All we see is Russian interference. They want to prove that democracy as we have at present in Western Europe and the USA doesn't work and Russia has the money to wage the propaganda war through social networks.
Oh yes, Russian propaganda, just like the Hunter Biden laptop.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
In theory, the answer is very simple to get. Ask yourself who manages $10.43 trillion assets, then ask who owns them and who owns them. In practice the network of relationships becomes very tricky to establish (intentionally so) as you go down blind alleys and through smokey bar rooms.
Yes - that's a murky old world - Panama Papers and all that.

However, I think a huge proportion of those assets are likely owned by pension funds and maybe insurance companies. Not my area so I will shut up. One thing though - the charges some of these investment fund managers impose while they are playing with your money, make them a very great deal richer than just about any of their investors. In a way -its all above board, because the charges are clearly in the paperwork and on their websites, but I think a lot of people don't realise how much of their fund is eaten away by the charges.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Yes - that's a murky old world - Panama Papers and all that.

However, I think a huge proportion of those assets are likely owned by pension funds and maybe insurance companies. Not my area so I will shut up. One thing though - the charges some of these investment fund managers impose while they are playing with your money, make them a very great deal richer than just about any of their investors. In a way -its all above board, because the charges are clearly in the paperwork and on their websites, but I think a lot of people don't realise how much of their fund is eaten away by the charges.
You're misunderstanding what I said. The 10.43 trillion includes the pension fund assets. The first question is who manages that? The answer is Black Rock. The next question is who owns Black Rock to be in a position to appoint the directors, and so on up the tree? The weird thing is that the tree doesn't go upwards. It goes sideways and circular before the murky stuff.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You're misunderstanding what I said. The 10.43 trillion includes the pension fund assets. The first question is who manages that? The answer is Black Rock. The next question is who owns Black Rock to be in a position to appoint the directors, and so on up the tree? The weird thing is that the tree doesn't go upwards. It goes sideways and circular before the murky stuff.
You put BLK shareholders and BLK customers in the same basket. BLK is worth $130 billions. Assets under management total 10.4 trillions. Elon Musk is worth $275 billions, he owns 48% of SpaceX which owns Starlink which rakes in 40% more revenue every year. In less than 10 years, Musk will be the first trillionaire because he owns starlink. If you want to know who will control us all, it will be Musk in the foreseeable future.
At ordinary level, the inequality of our world is inherited wealth.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You put BLK shareholders and BLK customers in the same basket. BLK is worth $130 billions. Assets under management total 10.4 trillions. Elon Musk is worth $275 billions, he owns 48% of SpaceX which owns Starlink which rakes in 40% more revenue every year. In less than 10 years, Musk will be the first trillionaire because he owns starlink. If you want to know who will control us all, it will be Musk in the foreseeable future.
At ordinary level, the inequality of our world is inherited wealth.
That's not quite true because most of what he owns is his own and independent from our daily lives. The Black Rock network owns most branded everyday products, most of the media, most of the financial establishments, sports, information/data handling, shops, communications, transport, and much more that we use and need on a daily basis.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
That's not quite true because most of what he owns is his own and independent from our daily lives. The Black Rock network owns most branded everyday products, most of the media, most of the financial establishments, sports, information/data handling, shops, communications, transport, and much more that we use and need on a daily basis.
You can also add GS, Morgan Stanley, Fidelity etc. They are all assets management companies. For real control, look at Musk.
Musk can buy Trump just as easily as Putin can.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You can also add GS, Morgan Stanley, Fidelity etc. They are all assets management companies. For real control, look at Musk.
Musk can buy Trump just as easily as Putin can.
You still don't get it and wouldn't have asked that question if you had done what I'd suggested. Check who owns Balck Rock, then check who owns Morgan Stanley. That should be enough to get it as long as your brain cell has woken up today.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You still don't get it and wouldn't have asked that question if you had done what I'd suggested. Check who owns Balck Rock, then check who owns Morgan Stanley. That should be enough to get it as long as your brain cell has woken up today.
Just say who it is. You can buy BLK if you like. If you say Larry Fink, he's a small caliber billionaire. Sometimes I wonder if billionaires supporting the Dems are attacked because of that.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Anyone can express a pointless political remark such as that.

The evidence shows malfeasance on a grand scale and negligence and incompetence in the supervision at every level. To suggest it was designed that way is baseless.

No matter what kinds of systems you have put into regulation and enforcement, if the people who manage and enforce adherence to rules and processes are systematically negligent, lazy, and corrupt, the wonderful world you thought you had designed will never come to pass.

It is certainly true that the system is broken. It is patently false that anyone designed it that way.

The answer is I believe that people whose job it is to make building regulations work must be held accountable for their failures.

Politicians are utterly unable to govern the construction industry or any other. They are completely dependent on well paid experts and civil servants. These people must be carefully chosen. If people like Brian Martin are in charge of building regulations they are not going to work. He was careless, hubristic and utterly negligent.

Remember - there were clear signs as early as 2002 during the Labour government's long period in office that dangerous material was being incorporated into buildings. Did the Labour ministers of the time know this and had it been made clear to them by the civil service? I doubt it. I don't think they knew or were even competent to understand the implications any more than those of other parties who subsequently were in power. Ministers are VERY busy people. They are not going to pick up hints unless it is made clear to them by their civil service advisers.
You need to take into account the fact that what goes on the wall is not certified because the law still allows this. The cassettes were fabricated to order so the end product is not certified like the OEM product (in this context, the ready made panels to be riveted which has been certified because of eu laws). This situation is like you shouldn't be allowed to coble together a kit from parts and have to buy the entire kit for your bike from one OEM which guarantees compliance.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
There is apparently a bill in the Lords on the subject of Lithium Ion battery Safety;

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/LLN-2024-0050/LLN-2024-0050.pdf

It was reported on Radio 4 PM this morning, one bit of information mentioned as published in the report above was;

"The report said the LFB had, on average, been called to an e-bike or e-scooter fire once every two days in the first half of 2023, a 60% increase compared with the same period a year earlier"

Now that would be 'on average' 182 fires a year, just for London. Adjust for the population of the UK and there may be as many as 1,414 fires per year.

Regardless of the 'e-bike or e-scooter fire once every two days' report, there was in another Government report;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fires-in-e-bikes-and-e-scooters/07948b8a-2855-4fd3-b205-b9b2f03b6a7c

"OPSS received information on 93 fires occurring in 2022 involving an e-bike or e-scooter. The majority of these (87) were reported by LFB".

However its been mentioned on here a few times that battery fires in 2023 (all UK?) were 181. It seems that the actual numbers may be very much higher.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
They would have been a lot better off trying to outlaw the sale of petrol and fuel oil. Far more dangerous. People have been known to take petrol and set fire to things deliberately, you can't easily do that with a battery, and as everyone knows, people of retarded disposition periodically pour petrol onto smouldering barbecues and other forms of fire to get them going and set fire to themselves.

As we all KNOW - the very best thing we can do to protect the moronic element of society, it to ban things that morons mess up with. That's the 'British Way' of course, and as we all know from the way knife crime and gun crime has been totally eliminated from our world, it REALLY works to ban everyone from having access to dangerous things. It will especially impress the morons that we are all banned from having things morons mess up with - just like it stopped them from having guns and knives and ended the abuse the laws were brought in to stop.

I have crudely annotated the image below to show where in the frequency distribution of cognitive ability the REALLY thick people are. They are the ones who set their houses on fire with batteries and other things. Yes, we must all change so they don't harm themselves. .........

That utter tosser of a Lib Dem Lord was wittering on about banning kits on the radio this morning.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The cost of protection measures is small compared to the consequences of doing nothing.

esuark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2019
kent
pour petrol onto smouldering barbecues
Reminds me of an amusing story?! Many years ago at work I had a visitor to see how I was getting on with his project. On meeting me he said "I know I know I have no Eye brows" in an embarrased tone, then proceeded to tell me of his struggle to light his BBQ. He said he squirted more BBQ fuel onto the embers where upon it flared up in his face. He said he then ran over to the washing line to cool his face on some washing where upon he left his eye brows on said piece of washing...........

• :D
Reactions: Ghost1951 and Woosh