Wanted Bafang front hub motor drive gear

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
his is what I've found in my garage, eventually. I have three. Two look the same. I'm guessing from the size that two motors are Bafang CST and the other is SWX02, but I've had them so long, I'm not sure. The one in your photo looks like 16 teeth. These are 18 and 21. This is the first one I have from two different angles:

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
These are the other two. I think they're the same, but can't be sure unless I take them off. They're held on by 5 screws, so they're different to the one in your photo:

Last edited:

bikemadforlife

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2018
Photos 58877 and 58878 look to be what is needed.
The photo I posted of gear was only to illustrate the general look of the item we needed...it was an online screenshot of a dismantled hub to give people an idea of what we are looking for.
This attached photo is my brothers hub and it has 3 screws securing it to the rotor, is keyed and axle diameter is 15mm

Attachments

bikemadforlife

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2018
As you'll note, the circlip fitted on our hub is wrong too. Some fool has fitted an internal circlip instead of an external one!!!
BTW I suspect the axle diameter of yours will also be 15mm for the gear.

bikemadforlife

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2018
I don't have the hub with me at home but I can look tomorrow for any other markings.
I can measure the gear flange.
I estimated the number of gear teeth would be about 20, so yours being 18 sounds right.
Planet gears on ours are 36 teeth.
Here's a comparison between your hub and ours

Attachments