Bafang BBS02 chain line

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
I went out this morning for a short ride after breakfast, it was a bit too cold for my liking, came back for coffee and donut.
It’s blowing a yachtsman’s gale straight from Siberia where I live and I went for a long walk instead.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
the bigger the chain ring, the bigger the problem keeping a perfect chain line.
With the 750W, I think Bafang made an error fitting 48T, should have fitted the smaller 44T.
The motor running too fast for me anyway.
Trex, even if the offset is the same on the smaller chainrings, could you explain why a smaller chain ring improves chain line. Newbie style if possible :confused:

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
All the standard chainrings have the same offset.I have a 44T on mine and also a 48T (but not at the same time).
The 48T misses the chainstay by 1mm.

Reactions: Fordulike

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I use a standard thumb throttle on the left and it works perfectly.

chain

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2011
It's the cable exiting the left side that I don't like.
The cable on the thumb throttle is pretty flexible. I mounted the thumb throttle on the left in normal alignment (thumbrest down down for faster) and tiewrapped the cable back on the throttle body towards the trunk cable at the centre of the handlebars.

I used a right hand thumb throttle in exactly the same way at the left of the handlebar on my previous installation and after several years the cable showed no damage when I removed it to fit the BBS01's thumb throttle.

New Mariner

Just Joined
Mar 26, 2016
the chainline issue with bbs01 was a problem on my bike too so I bought this 42th chainring and it makes a much better chainline as the original Bafang now I can use all gears and no problems anymore, it is good but not cheap:
http://www.alcedoitalia.it/shop/accessori-bbs/corona-42-denti-per-bafang-centrale-bbs01/
one other chainring I found was that one it´s a bit cheaper:
http://www.edibike.it/prodotto/corona-singola-42-denti-per-suzhou-bafang-8-fun-centrale-bbs-01-02/
If you have a trike with a longer chainline you can think about this one, a double chainring 42/48 front:
http://www.edibike.it/prodotto/corona-doppia-4248-denti-per-suzhou-bafang-8-fun-centrale-bbs/

if you search the net you can find a lot of choise´s for the bbs-motor and with them it´s possible to find a solution for any problem

on my "Bigfoot" fatbike outfitted with bbs01 I use a 32/38 double chainring thanks to the long distance between bottom-bracket and rear-hub
What double chainring are you using and does it need an adapter? Thanks, Steve

fos'l

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 26, 2015
Didn't read the whole thread, so please excuse me if this was covered, but on mine I used a Luna Cycle "narrow-wide" ring with 30 teeth since the top speed of 24 mph or so was adequate for off road; the gears on my cassette are 11-17-28 with 8-speed spacing. With the motor I need only these three for all activities, and the chain line, which is in the middle with the 30/17 is perfect.