ALWAYS REPORT SCUM DRIVERS

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
My bike

Ah here we are making excuses for the driver and others having to take responsibility for their actions, really. MY fault for not having a pole on my bike then, :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Take responsibility. You haven't done everything you can to avoid such things happening in the first place. Driver behaviour isn't going to change, no matter how many you report. Surely, prevention is best? I've detailed what works for me, as have others. Do as you wish.

MY fault for not having a pole on my bike then, :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Oxford lollipop alternatives are available, as are small water bottles, and very bright headlights, pipe lagging etc. None of that stuff costs much.

Last edited:

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
Sorry that is 100% the wrong attitude, again putting the emphasis on us and not them.

When a child is bullied in school they often have no alternative than leave that school, it is rarely the bully.

When a lowlife neighbour causes misery for others very often the decent person has to move especially when renting.

The only way to get these losers to learn is report them at every incident.

I was in a supermarket car park an old mad drove into the car in front when going out of his space, thanks to me "bothering" and giving the video to the innocent person he had to pay for the repair.

I do enough and still have problems so what else

And another thing all you say is do this do more, some of us do and nothing changes.

20230922_154945.jpg

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The only way to get these losers to learn is report them at every incident.
There will always be more of these losers. There's nothing stopping you making changes to your bike, as well as reporting them. I would report these loser dudes, but with the described additions bad stuff has ceased to happen, so I can't - no close passing, no vehicles pulling out at junctions etc. My experience of reduced bad happenings isn't unique. I still record everything, but there has been nothing of note of that nature to keep as evidence since. Entirely your choice of course, I enjoy watching horror movies.

You're invisible to drivers! But they fear their close passing vehicles touching Oxford lollipops.

I do enough and still have problems so what else
You haven't done enough. IMHO that's why you still have problems.

And another thing all you say is do this do more, some of us do and nothing changes.
You could use brighter lights... but in my experience, even my brighter lights weren't enough. You need an Oxford on your handlebar! Make your bike look wide!

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Before the handlebar Oxford, vehicles would get too close ahead of traffic islands especially, now they don't. The handlebar Oxford is usually horizontal, or slightly angled upwards to be more visible to lorry, bus, SUV drivers etc.

(720P)

Last edited:
Reactions: Saracen

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Sorry that is 100% the wrong attitude, again putting the emphasis on us and not them.
That's a fair enough position and also the socially accepted 'truth'.

Ask yourself however, do you want to be 'right', or do you want to be alive?

A little pragmatism goes a long way.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Reporting them is simply an infinite game of whackamole, and some won't be dissuaded by whacks. There's a new nutso driver born every 54 seconds. If the handlebar Oxford hadn't worked, I'd still be trying ways to keep those large metal boxes on wheels away from me. Of course I'll report them too, but it's been trouble free cycling ever since, there hasn't been any need.

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023

I don't disagree with you I just think that society has concentrated too little on the offender and told the offended person to take the initiative