Adjusting levers for Tektro Auriga E-Comp Hydraulic brakes (906)

Riverboots

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 3, 2012
Trondheim, Norway
Hi!
Both my front and rear brake levers engage the brakes way too soon. This has been the case ever since the temperatures here in Norway plummeted to a steady -10C over a month ago.

This is a problem both for proper controll of the bike on long steep downhill stretches and also when I dismount and walk the bike over a pedestrian crossing. In the latter case the pedals go around as I push (i assume this is due to the lubrication getting so cold and sticky in my hub gears?) which engages the motor. I have insufficient travel in the the brake levers to activiate the cut off without braking the bike completely. The result being that the bike launches itself at oncomming pedestrians!

Is there any way of adjusting the brake lever travel?
Thanks!

D

Deleted member 4366

It works off pressure, so no adjustment is possible

You can adjust the lever position: If you look inside the lever in the direction along the handlebar, you'll see two little hex grub-screws. One is on the lever pivot and the other is on the pivoting end of the piston that goes in and out as you pull the lever. It's that one that you adjust with the right size hex key. Starting with the lever in a more comfortable position might make your problem a bit better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Riverboots,

d8veh is spot on as usual!

The pedals should not rotate when you are simply pushing the bike, it needs a service, adjustment or maybe as you suggest simple lubrication. If you in any doubt please speak to your supplier. If that fails you are free to email our Wisper Support Guys support@wisperbikes.com and they will be able to solve any issues.

All the best

David

jateureka2

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 19, 2010
QLD Australia
The Tektro e-Comp and e-Sub use normally open reeed switches to activate the active low brake cut-out function of the controller to cut motor power when the brakes are applied.
There is a small amount of adjustment for the switch trip point & you would normally adjust this if you have adjusted the brake lever reach:
*you first need to loosen the small grub screw (2mm Allen) on the underside of the lever assembly that locks the switch adjusting barrel. The adusting barrel is the one that goes over the wires for the brake switch.
*then adjust the switch adjusting barrel in/out (7mm spanner) to set the trip point where you need it
*then tighten the grub screw

Advertisers