100% NO idea

AntonyC

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2022
Surrey
It may be best to set the meter aside for now then and write up symptoms in gory detail, they'll be needed for a refund or exchange. Like so:

Summary: charged battery seems dead because bike display doesn't come on.
Blue bike : battery 36V 15Ah serial 123, controller 36V 7/14A, these work together
Black bike .... (as above) ....

Fault demo sequence (test 1 of 2, new battery with black bike):
1) Battery 456 is not fitted, charge indicator shows 3 green lights, then battery is switched off.
2) Fit battery to black bike, switch it on, its charge indicator shows 3 green lights.
3) Bike display is off, press On button for 1 second, display flickers then stays off, expected it to stay on.
Test 2 of 2, older battery with black bike:
1) Battery 123 ....

As you're new to electrics the charge indicator says as much as a meter would without giving the shop a reason to quibble. You could try out the meter once you've written agreement to a replacement.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A meter check is simple it rules in or rules out a fuse issue and confirms whether voltage is reaching the discharge on a generic battery.
One assumes the batteyr has a switch and it is being turned on.

My PSWPower battery has a hidden rocker switch under the carry handle , it is easy to forget about it.

Some vendors may ask if voltage is seen/measured on the discharge pins.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Blasted amazing, I have learned so much £8, and it worked, thanks for telling me HOW, it was a lose connection on the 4th terminal thing, I closed the gap and amazing, thanks again

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
Just for info my 30 year old Autistic son is now going round the house testing all the batteries he can find

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Well done, nice to learn a new skill.
Good you found out the faulty connection and closed up the gap, next time if there is one you will know where to look straight away.

Reactions: Az.

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
Well done, nice to learn a new skill.
Good you found out the faulty connection and closed up the gap, next time if there is one you will know where to look straight away.
All thanks to the help here

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes over the years the forum has helped many a person with electrical issues.

Reactions: Saracen