WTB working E-Bike or Conversion kit on tight budget.

vanticar

Just Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Hi all, I am looking for my 1st ebike :) I am currently unemployed and looking for an ebike or conversion kit for my currant 26" mountain bike. I need a working bike including a battery that will at least do 10 miles every day (to get bus for hopefully new employment commute then I can earn more to get a better bike). As stated I have limited funds of around £200 - 250 max for this - can anyone help? i have noticed a basic £500 amazon cyclamatic power plus goes for around £200 s/h on ebay so I feel this budget is achievable. Any suggestions welcome and thank you for you time.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Hi all, I am looking for my 1st ebike :) I am currently unemployed and looking for an ebike or conversion kit for my currant 26" mountain bike. I need a working bike including a battery that will at least do 10 miles every day (to get bus for hopefully new employment commute then I can earn more to get a better bike). As stated I have limited funds of around £200 - 250 max for this - can anyone help? i have noticed a basic £500 amazon cyclamatic power plus goes for around £200 s/h on ebay so I feel this budget is achievable. Any suggestions welcome and thank you for you time.
You are in dangerous territory on ebay or buying untested, if you get a tired battery you'll be wasting a lot of cash and replacing a battery is very expensive.
Maybe someone on this forum (preferably who has been a member for a while with lots of posts) has something that would suit.
The link above is probably as good as it gets for your budget though I presume postage would be extra if you are too far away to collect.
Have a good read on this forum so you will know what to look out for and what to avoid, good luck with your search.:)

ray74

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
Hi. The link above is to my kit. I currently have it installed on my carerra lrs2. It has full suspension with disc brake on front and caliper on rear. I use it on a daily basis to get to and from work which is about 10 miles each way. If you pedal along with it then it will get me both ways easily but if I have a lazy day and just use the throttle with no peddling then it will only get me about 15-16 miles out of one charge. I have had the kit since approximately the 20/9/2013 and only had a little problem with the controller but thanks to the warranty that's still on it it got replaced straight away so the controller is brand new. I would be willing to sell the kit with the bike all in for £330. Basically that's a whole ebike for a little more than it costs for the battery on its own.

I used to have it on my trek 4300 bike but started to use this bike as it's better on my backside on the bumps. It's still a great kit, I came to work on it this morning and it was happily pulling me along at 20 miles an hour. The wheel will spin upto 23 miles an hour on a freshly charged battery but then with my weight I get an average of about 18 mph and that's including up hill.