Varstrom

One_Box

Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2014
Leominster
Just wondered what views people have regarding this company.
I’m considering buying a Bafang mid drive kit, they seem competitive on price and can supply the display I want.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Just wondered what views people have regarding this company.
I’m considering buying a Bafang mid drive kit, they seem competitive on price and can supply the display I want.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
They may be OK. I've used unknown Chinese resellers before and had no problems, but like any Chinese sellers, if there's a problem with your order, you won't be able to send it back. Don't forget to include in the price the VAT and handling charges.

Personally, for something like that, that's readily available in the UK from trusted suppliers at fair prices, I wouldn't bother with a Chinese one. It's better to have the certainty of what you get, the support and the ability to send it back if something goes wrong, unless you're the sort of guy that likes to take things apart and fix them yourself.

One_Box

Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2014
Leominster
Sadly my favourite UK dealer was not able to supply a kit with the display I wanted.
Varstrom have a UK distribution facility so the price on their website includes all taxes and UK shipping.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Buy the display on aliexpress and the kit in the uk. In the worst case scenario, you still have backup and support.