Technium Privilege Pedelec (Germany)

Sagittarius

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 15, 2008
e.bike.free.fr
A new bike called Technium Privilege Pedelec comes from the Derby-Cycle Group. It seems very similar to the Raleigh Leicester E or Kalkhoff Agattu E.

Panasonic 250 W - Lithium 26 V/10 Ah
Suntour Nex4110 V2
Shimano Nexus 7
Shimano Alu V-Brake...

One of the interest is that de price in only 1599 €.
See clic here.

C

Cyclezee

Bonjour Sagittarius,

This bike would appear to have only slight component differences from the Agattu, namely the saddle, tyres, lights. As for the price Euro 1599 = approximately £1280 against an Agattu from 50cycles for £1325 including delivery and backup in the UK.
Therfore, there is no advantage to be gained buying this bike via Amazon from Germany.
What is interesting is just how many derivatives of this bike Derby Cycles are producing. Why?

John

Last edited by a moderator:

Sagittarius

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 15, 2008
e.bike.free.fr
Therfore, there is no advantage to be gained buying this bike via Amazon from Germany.
I do agree. You're lucky to have such prices in UK.

What is interesting is just how many derivatives of this bike Derby Cycles are producing. Why?
Simplex E4500, Rixe Bordeaux and now Technium Privilege.
Maybe marketing aspects ?

C

Cyclezee

Maybe different nationalities are more attracted to different brand names? Vive la difference!

John

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
26" wheels and front brake in front of the forks like the 45 cm version of the Agattu, so it might be only in that wheel size.

I suspect that the many versions are often just a matter of keeping old manufacturing names alive, Kalkhoff for example.

We did the same for years in this country with Austin and Morris badged cars, Bush and Murphy TVs, and many other examples. Doing this seems to have gone out of fashion in the UK now, and much now is not what it seems.

My new Nissan car model has nothing much to do with Japan, since it was designed in Nissan's Paddington London design centre, developed at their Dunsfold UK development centre and manufactured at the Sunderland factory for worldwide distribution. Next year it's floorpan will be the base for the new Renault Laguna, Renault owning Nissan of course. Confused? You will be. :)

Erik

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2008
26" wheels and front brake in front of the forks like the 45 cm version of the Agattu, so it might be only in that wheel size.

I suspect that the many versions are often just a matter of keeping old manufacturing names alive, Kalkhoff for example.

We did the same for years in this country with Austin and Morris badged cars, Bush and Murphy TVs, and many other examples. Doing this seems to have gone out of fashion in the UK now, and much now is not what it seems.

My new Nissan car model has nothing much to do with Japan, since it was designed in Nissan's Paddington London design centre, developed at their Dunsfold UK development centre and manufactured at the Sunderland factory for worldwide distribution. Next year it's floorpan will be the base for the new Renault Laguna, Renault owning Nissan of course. Confused? You will be. :)
I thought you had a Matiz, flecc, because it doesn't take up the whole width of your garage?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I have Erik, with garage room for bikes, but I've got the Nissan Qashqai as well now.

One can never have too many cars. :D

Seriously, it's "horses for courses", the Matiz is my little city car.

stokepa31_mk2

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 7, 2008
I have Erik, with garage room for bikes, but I've got the Nissan Qashqai as well now.

One can never have too many cars. :D

Seriously, it's "horses for courses", the Matiz is my little city car.
You just need to add a kalkhoff now Tony and the kit will be complete:)

Regards
Paul

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That'd be nice Paul, but with two bikes alongside I am out of space for a third, and one car has to live out of course.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I can't have anything like that Paul, communal land only around my home. I only have what's within my walls, my garage and the immediate garage frontage.

This is the high density South-East, 35 homes per acre and a target of 50 homes per acre for new developments. We'll look like Tokyo eventually. :(

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Perhaps with all the different names the derby bikes may sell well, and drop in price,at present they are as expensive as many scooters, including electric ones,the price really needs to be below £1000 they are good but at £1300+not that good.