SAMEBIKE E-ONE 20LVXD30 chainwheels and pedal assist

squirrel22

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 26, 2022
York
In flat parts of the country the original chainring leaves you unable to add anything to pedalling when you've got up to a good speed.
I decided to buy a new chainring with a few more teeth which will help. Unfortunately I bought a Litepro 130 BCD 53 Tooth chainring after reading a few posts in various places and the d@mn thing is the wrong size! :rolleyes: I think my original chainring is more like 150 BCD and it looks like its held in place with plastic screws possibly with a rivet inside although I haven't looked very close up.

I'm thinking its best to get a crank set to match the Litepro 130 BCD 53 Tooth chainring I've just bought?

Also, has anyone found a way of making the pedal assist kick in at a different speed or switch it off altogether but still have throttle power?

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
I have not bought this but looks like it might fit.

squirrel22

Aug 26, 2022
York
Thanks, I've ordered one. :)

Any ideas around making the pedal assist kick in at a different speed or switch it off altogether but still have throttle power?

chrisbrillo

Sep 13, 2022
Thanks for that. It looks like I can change up to P11 but I don't have a P12. What does P11 do?
amount of magnets passed on the crank before pedal assist kicks in 1-24 fixed at 2, P12 if you had it is pedal assist strength.

chrisbrillo

Sep 13, 2022
My P11 reads zero. Possibly a default??
possibly - I was surprised that my settings were locked as I'd not seen that before - if you can get to P10 those are pedal assist/throttle settings.
P10 Driving mode.
0: driven by PAS. Throttle is useless at this time.
1: driven by Throttle. PAS is useless at this time.
2: driven by PAS & Throttle. Throttle is useless at Zero Start status.

squirrel22

Aug 26, 2022
York
possibly - I was surprised that my settings were locked as I'd not seen that before - if you can get to P10 those are pedal assist/throttle settings.
P10 Driving mode.
0: driven by PAS. Throttle is useless at this time.
1: driven by Throttle. PAS is useless at this time.
2: driven by PAS & Throttle. Throttle is useless at Zero Start status.
My P10 is changing kph to mph. Did you mean P11? PAS and Throttle both work on mine but I'd like to try it with no PAS as Throttle to get started and then just pedal might be what I'd like.

chrisbrillo

Sep 13, 2022
My P10 is changing kph to mph. Did you mean P11? PAS and Throttle both work on mine but I'd like to try it with no PAS as Throttle to get started and then just pedal might be what I'd like.
definitely p10 on my controller ????

squirrel22

Aug 26, 2022
York
Is this the best option or just so-so?
I found I had to get both the crank and chainring and a crank puller to sort the job out. I went for the Litepro 130BCD with 53 tooth chainring which is a significant improvement on the original and I'm using gears 5 to 7 now instead of never changing out of 7. You might be able to go to 56 teeth without extending the chain which would be better still. In the photo you can see where 53 teeth gets the derailleur...

IMG_0286.jpg

squirrel22

Aug 26, 2022
York
Is there a way of extending when pedal assist kicks in so that you have to pedal more before it gives you a push?

I'm thinking that the Display settings are just that and by changing the P06 "Magnetic poles in sensor" from 43 to another value that it won't effect when pedal assist comes in. Am I right or is it as simple as changing the value?

If it is all down to the magnets around the disk next to the bottom bracket/crank then each time a magnet passes the Hall effect sensor it will trigger a signal. So I'm thinking if I removed one magnet so it only had 4 on the disk that should mean pedal assist doesn't kick in until 20% more pedal effort is put in. Has anyone tried this?

Any thoughts welcome!

btw I did change to a 56T chainwheel

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Is there a way of extending when pedal assist kicks in so that you have to pedal more before it gives you a push?

I'm thinking that the Display settings are just that and by changing the P06 "Magnetic poles in sensor" from 43 to another value that it won't effect when pedal assist comes in. Am I right or is it as simple as changing the value?

If it is all down to the magnets around the disk next to the bottom bracket/crank then each time a magnet passes the Hall effect sensor it will trigger a signal. So I'm thinking if I removed one magnet so it only had 4 on the disk that should mean pedal assist doesn't kick in until 20% more pedal effort is put in. Has anyone tried this?

Any thoughts welcome!

btw I did change to a 56T chainwheel
It depends on the software in the controller. Normally people want the delay shortened, not lengthened.

Rather than change the chainwheel, it might have been cheaper and more convenient to change your rear gear cluster. That would only have changed the pedal speed in top gear, giving you better ratios for starting and hill-climbing. How many teeth on your top gear - 11, 12, 13 or 14?

Reactions: squirrel22

squirrel22

Aug 26, 2022
York
It depends on the software in the controller. Normally people want the delay shortened, not lengthened.

Rather than change the chainwheel, it might have been cheaper and more convenient to change your rear gear cluster. That would only have changed the pedal speed in top gear, giving you better ratios for starting and hill-climbing. How many teeth on your top gear - 11, 12, 13 or 14?
The chainwheel change to 56T certainly gave a more sensible gear range. I hadn't thought of changing the rear gear cluster. I'm not with the bike and not certain how many teeth on top gear at the moment. I'd be looking for a cassette with a smaller number for top gear I guess?

Last edited: