Prices of the electricity we use to charge

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
300mph for 300 miles and im sold but has to have a easily replaceable batt like my bike - the can bus *******$

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
My unit rates went up in April! Not down! YET ANOTHER OCTOPUS LIE! And it turns out the OPSS don't have any information about the certification of my meters - they recommend contacting the Ombudsman, which I will do if Octopus ever try to force smart meters into my property.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my electric bill last month was 73 quid :cool:

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
I have to admit I feel somewhat fortunate that I can't have a smart meter. Gas was not available at our address for many years after we purchased the property and it only became available after a distribution park was built a short distance away. However the gas supply which is a branch off the retail park system is apparently not compatible with a normal domestic system requiring a different meter calibration which is not possible for smart meters. (Yes it makes no sense to me either considering most retail and manufacturing properties have smart meters fitted).

So happy days for me, I still get the various deals such as the "EON Next Pledge" tariff which requires a smart meter but when they try to install one they end up leaving with their tail between their legs never to be heard of again. :)

TTFN
John.

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
My unit rates went up in April! Not down! YET ANOTHER OCTOPUS LIE!

That's because you make so much trouble with this mad obsession with not having a smart meter or paying by direct debit.

My rate went down, though the standing charge went up.

ANY tariff which involves you NOT having a standing order is significantly more expensive than a standing order one. This is because you are receiving credit on the power you use, by paying in arrears.

My rate per gas kwHr from Octopus is 6.03p/kWh and 29.52p/day standing charge and electricity is 23.35p/kWh and standing charge 69.14p/day.

I do think they are gouging on the standing charge.

The standing charge makes people who conserve their power use pay too much while power hogs are encouraged to fill their boots.

• Agree
Reactions: snafu

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
That's because you make so much trouble with this mad obsession with not having a smart meter or paying by direct debit.

My rate went down, though the standing charge went up.

ANY tariff which involves you NOT having a standing order is significantly more expensive than a standing order one. This is because you are receiving credit on the power you use, by paying in arrears.

My rate per gas kwHr from Octopus is 6.03p/kWh and 29.52p/day standing charge and electricity is 23.35p/kWh and standing charge 69.14p/day.

I do think they are gouging on the standing charge.

The standing charge makes people who conserve their power use pay too much while power hogs are encouraged to fill their boots.
This was a lie delivered to me by Octopus, and the sort of lie which could delay someone considering switching suppliers for a few weeks, until the price rose in April.

It all contributes to a recipe delivering ever fatter profits to energy companies, and you are complicit. I may be pissing into the wind, but currently, I have the right to take a piss.

Last edited:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
  • Informative
Reactions: Tony1951 and sjpt

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well i had my house surveyed today he had a council electric van and had not 1 thing good to say about it as cant use the heater as will run out of range :rolleyes:

anyway these houses should have this done every 5 years and have a epc rating nothing in 20+ years.

all doors and windows have to be replaced as the rubber that holds the glass in is now letting in air.
gas boiler needs replacing as well out of service life and trying to blow up.

need the hole bathroom gutted so might have to renew the kitchen celling as had so much water damage from bog overflowing and there bodge jobs over 10 years.

need a new consumer unit for the electric as well out of date.

roof needs fixing and reinforcing because we have 8 18kg soler panels on it and all the felt needs replacing inside and whats left of the chimney is getting water damaged leaking and needs fixing or removed because i really need half a chimney.

just need the epc survey now.

20240426_232129[1].jpg

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240426_233914[1].jpg

hi

a foi or complaint will do but i would still like this data published.
Yours sincerely

20231004_052855[1].jpg
20231004_052753[1].jpg20231004_052549[1].jpg

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You can complain and submit a FOI request. Only the latter will be published online.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i asked for both :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240427_214952[1].jpg

manual from my new inverter that lcx fitted and just dumped all the paperwork and warranty with it in my loft never signed off date time and who fitted it either.

the 10 year warranty option is if the inverter is registered with the company they bought it from services it not the councils 3rd party contractors and must be done within 6 months after install or 5 years only.

so in 5 years time i want a new one as out of warranty bitch, even the old one said it was renewable ire throw it down the tip and buy a new one :p

and i have near 200kg of panels on me roof as ten total and 18-20kg each no wonder everyone's walls are cracking and the roofs falling apart :oops:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
and i have near 200kg of panels on me roof as ten total and 18-20kg each no wonder everyone's walls are cracking and the roofs falling apart :oops:
If loads of people are affected, you could all threaten to go to the papers? Councils don't like the rock they operate under being removed, and a light shone on. Also if the result of your complaint isn't satisfactory, you can raise the issues with more than one Ombudsman, write to your MP, take collective legal action, threaten to make all sorts of noise. Threats sometimes do work.

Reactions: Tony1951

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well one persons house up the road has had to have the hole roof replaced as tiles were falling off and it was raining in there bed room and have only just put the panels back up in the last 2 months.

they have spent more on scaffolding than the house is worth and it is still there today money to burn

house 2 doors down i stuck my head in to there attic and can see daylight under the panels as tiles are falling in.

and another house over the road has a roof in the same condition as mine so there all fecked.

the council is a corporation and as that have no duty of care to there profit units. ie us.

they want to push all this green crap yet dont want to maintain it and the panels only have 10 years left now and out of service life if the house does not implode first or catch fire from a faulty inverter or maybe that was the plan in the first place :p

foi moon attack mode v1 ;)

Last edited:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
What annoys me is they send me a bill, and for the sake of talk we'll say the printout date on the bill is the 2nd of any month.
It seems to take 10 days, and sometimes more to arrive, so im receiving it through my door on the 12-14 of the same month. And it says i need to pay it by such and such, usually a fortnight later, so i've a fortnight to pay, or a month from the issue date and i should get longer, probably in the region of a month.
But with them delaying sending it i have less time.

If i dont pay at the specified time, a little after they send me a reminder. Fine no probs, it's up to me when exactly i pay, and usually timed when i get paid myself.

But here's the annoying bit. The reminder is issued say for the sake of talk on the whatever, and when it actually arrives, as in drops through my door is usually one to two days later.

I've phoned a couple of times to ask why the bill is a fortnight after its issue date upon actually arriving, and they give me a bunch of balarny about issue times, and weekends and even bank holidays.
But reminders only take a couple of days to arrive. So why the discrepancy ? Its like theyre rushing me to pay it. Leaving me only a couple of weeks before its due.

I wondered if its somewhere down the line they're going to try to fit a smart meter citing im always late paying it. 2 weeks, and sometimes less isnt always enough time, and many people are paid at a set time so hold paying any bills until they themselves are paid.