Prices of the electricity we use to charge

D

Deleted member 16246

I didn't think what you said was racist at all or having any bias whatsoever against muslim.
However, that sentence above implied disapproval of Khan's record in office since 2016 without substantiation in the same post or subsequent posts.
It is perfectly acceptable to condemn someone's record in politics without writing an essay about why.

If someone asks me if I am going to vote for their candidate who happens to be of a different ethnicity to my own, I don't need to substantiate my expression of disapproval to avoid being thought a racist.

D

Deleted member 16246

In post #2518, Flecc said:

By the "large group" feeling threatened by the pro Palestinian marches I take it you mean our Jewish population. Don't be fooled, the claims of feeling threatened are often to seek political advantage. They are no different from the exaggerated and often false claims of anti-semitism against the Labour Party and it's leaders that they raise on the approach to each general election.
If that isn't typical metropolitan Labour ant-semitism, I don't know what is. If a Labour candidate said that, Starmer would put them out of the party.

link to post: https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/prices-of-the-electricity-we-use-to-charge.42917/post-712166

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It is perfectly acceptable to condemn someone's record in politics without writing an essay about why.

If someone asks me if I am going to vote for their candidate who happens to be of a different ethnicity to my own, I don't need to substantiate my expression of disapproval to avoid being thought a racist.
nobody expects an essay, some basic pointers would suffice like you and I debated the ULEZ.

Reactions: Tony1951

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As I admitted immediately after flecc's initial accusation, it was nothing more than a poorly phrased reply on my part and as Tony1951 indicates I meant to say...

And not... "Don't make the top of the list". Which was a poor choice of words.

flecc, seized on the reference to "The Top" and decided to run with it for his own agenda. It is very easy in today's social climate to shout racist or simply add "phobia" to almost any descriptive term to try to label someone for whatever reason. I have usually found flecc to be a good debater and as I mentioned I was disappointed he chose to accuse so quickly considering he had already suggested racism as an option to Tony's earlier post.

But hey, bigger things to worry about in the world, if flecc met my social group he would not have come to that conclusion for sure. :)

TTFN
John.
I wasn't accusing you John, just suggesting the possibility, and it was unfortunate that your reply had further mention of Sadiqs ethnicity and faith, even though not negative. It is one of the least understood aspects of institutional racism that any unnecessary mention of those is often confirmatory.

Had your further reply giving specific reasons for your dislike of any London livng been your first response, mine would have been very different since I've always found you to be the among themost reasonable of posters in here. Woosh has remarked on his surprise at how strong the criticism of Sadiq has been in this form and I'd add to that how unfair, ill informed and remotely based it has invariably been. Accordingly when you entered my posting my pleasure at Sadiq'a victory with a very critical reponse, you were stepping into very sensitive territory indeed.

The election is over now, we in London got the result we wanted and overwhelmingly voted for and look foward to the ever cleaner air and quieter environment we've been enjoying to some considerable degree already, thanks to Sadiq's last eight years.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In post #2518, Flecc said:

If that isn't typical metropolitan Labour ant-semitism, I don't know what is. If a Labour candidate said that, Starmer would put them out of the party.

link to post: https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/prices-of-the-electricity-we-use-to-charge.42917/post-712166
Of course he would, he's another pseudo Labour leader like Tony Blair. They'll win the next GE, but not because they deserve to, only because the current Tories deserve to lose it.

D

Deleted member 16246

Of course he would, he's another pseudo Labour leader like Tony Blair. They'll win the next GE, but not because they deserve to, only because the current Tories deserve to lose it.
Ah - an anti-Semite and a Momentum fanatic speaks, I bet you wept when that lunatic Corbyn was kicked out.....

EDIT: I agree that the Tories will lose because they deserve to. Boris squandered a massive vote of confidence given to him by the electorate in 2019. But don't forget why that vote was given - it was the revulsion for the politics of Corbyn - ideas you would seem to approve of.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ah - an anti-Semite and a Momentum fanatic speaks, I bet you wept when that lunatic Corbyn was kicked out.....
A strange anti-semite who has so many Jews in his family, including his sister's husband. But like you I go by outcomes so more an anti unacceptable behaviour person.

All I know of Momentum is that with entirely honest means they transformed my constituency from always marginal into one with an overwhelming 10,000 plus Labour majority in 2017 and then increased that in 2019, both with an entirely new candidate.

I don't weep for anyone in politics, they are all lunatics for even attempting the thankless impossible task.

EDIT: I agree that the Tories will lose because they deserve to. Boris squandered a massive vote of confidence given to him by the electorate in 2019. But don't forget why that vote was given - it was the revulsion for the politics of Corbyn - ideas you would seem to approve of.
Not quite, it was the Tory smear tactics that so many were fool enough to believe, then believe Boris Johnson was a better option. They won't smear Starmer in the same way, they recognise a fellow Tory.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I wonder what the Chief of Inquisition and advocate for pernickety rules would make of my enthusiasm for Suella Braverman and Kemi Badenoch? Although I have always felt that Sunac is a decent and intelligent man, I thought those two ladies would have made better leaders. Sunac comes over as rather feeble in his determination, whereas they do not. That 'grit' and drive is essential in getting people to believe in you - a fundamental in politics. Johnson was always a clown, and Truss was half mad. Perhaps in not rating her, I am influenced by institutional misogyny. Better ask Flecc for some 're-education' on institutional prejudices.....

I determine whether I like someone entirely on how they behave (really, on what they do).

Almost everyone I know is like that. I have only very rarely met a racist who disliked people because of their ethnic origin. There are many people I dislike because I despise their culture. A lot of them are white. Some are not, but it is never the colour of their skin or their ethnicity that bothers me. And still, that green fascist, bigot will not withdraw his slur.
It doesn't matter who you're enthusiastic about. They're all puppets, willingly or not. The big bosses of world government control everything directly in the western world and indirectly in the rest. Anybody, who tries to do anything against their agenda, gets taken down, often with accusations of anti-semitism, bullying or tyrannical behaviour to staff if they're clean, otherwise sexual offences or financial ones, which were setups that they fell for.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I wonder what the Chief of Inquisition and advocate for pernickety rules would make of my enthusiasm for Suella Braverman and Kemi Badenoch? Although I have always felt that Sunac is a decent and intelligent man, I thought those two ladies would have made better leaders. Sunac comes over as rather feeble in his determination, whereas they do not. That 'grit' and drive is essential in getting people to believe in you - a fundamental in politics. Johnson was always a clown, and Truss was half mad. Perhaps in not rating her, I am influenced by institutional misogyny. Better ask Flecc for some 're-education' on institutional prejudices.....

I determine whether I like someone entirely on how they behave (really, on what they do).

Almost everyone I know is like that. I have only very rarely met a racist who disliked people because of their ethnic origin. There are many people I dislike because I despise their culture. A lot of them are white. Some are not, but it is never the colour of their skin or their ethnicity that bothers me. And still, that green fascist, bigot will not withdraw his slur.
Just carry on, you are amusing me.

As the first ever member of pedelecs.co.uk 17 years ago, all members who have been in here any length of time will not recognise the subject of your ranting and raving and will increasingly think you have lost it.

Just remember the old saying, "Those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad".

D

Deleted member 16246

Just carry on, you are amusing me.

As the first ever member of pedelecs.co.uk 17 years ago, all members who have been in here any length of time will not recognise the subject of your ranting and raving and will increasingly think you have lost it.

Just remember the old saying, "Those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad".
Do you think so?

I think they will be surprised and disappointed to see that a long standing elder member out of the blue and with no reason to do so, accused two members of racism and then refused to withdraw the accusation when they objected.

They may also notice that in justification for his outrageous assertion, he suggested that whatever people said about their thoughts on the matter of race, they are unaware of the systematic bias in society and are therefore guilty as charged of an offence that he made up himself.

They may also notice that the long standing member was the first to mention race and that there was no justification whatsoever for making the accusations.

Perhaps they will also notice that the said elder member, also suggested in terms that Jews pretend to feel unsafe in London in order to gain political advantage.

I rest my case M'lud.

Last edited:
  • :D
D

Deleted member 16246

Passed by Vindolanda Roman town on my ebike at about 1130 this morning.

A nice steep downhill stretch coming up.

If you expand the image using two fingers, you can see the remains of the Roman town in the middle of the valley.

I noticed some sag on the 35 month old battery. It dropped under load from 38.2 to about 37volts at 250 watts output. The battery is far from new, but has not had a lot of hammering since the bike rarely exceeds 20 watt output. At max it is drawing 500 watts or thereabouts on the steepest uphill parts where I engage the throttle if I need it. * error in red.

EDIT: I need a new laptop. The keyboard is sticking. That should say above 250 watt output. I dropped the thing a few weeks ago, grabbed at it and pulled off some keytops - specifically the '4' and the '5'. I stuck them back onto the rubber units underneat, but teh keys catch sometimes and cause errors if I don't spot them.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The price of electricity might be going up soon. Get your solar panels and generators while you can.

⚡ On behalf of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, in order to increase the readiness of non-strategic nuclear forces to carry out combat tasks, the General Staff began preparations for an exercise with Southern MD's missile formations involving aviation as well as the Navy.

During the exercise, a set of measures will be taken to practise the use of non-strategic nuclear weapons.

The purpose of the exercises is to maintain the readiness of combat units' personnel and equipment of non-strategic nuclear weapons to react and, in order to definitely ensure Russia's territorial integrity and sovereignty, in response to provocative statements and threats made by certain Western officials against the Russian Federation.

Russian Defence Ministry

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The truth of the matter is Putin does not have a reverse gear. Same as Netanyahu.

D

Deleted member 16246

The truth of the matter is Putin does not have a reverse gear. Same as Netanyahu.
I think this is correct, which is why we can not abandon Ukraine to his barbarian hordes. Murder, ra pe, pillaging of people's possessions only 1500 miles from here. No wonder the Poles, and others are spending more and more to prepare for what he does next. If Putin gets away with this and is seen to triumph, European life will change forever. The Russian Empire he has spoken of in glorifying terms on many occasions, did not end at the borders of Ukraine.

It is a profound disappointment that Republican politicians held up the military aid package, so that Ukraine ran out of artillery and air defence ammunition. They would not be where they are now if they had been supported.

Appeasement NEVER works with dictators like Putin and Hitler. They laugh at the stupidity and invade the fools who made it clear they were not prepared to fight. They are exactly like gangsters. Once you start paying protection money, you are never free of them. We HAVE seen this before. My parents were both in the armed forces by 1941. My mother worked as a radio operator in the ATS and later as a teleprinter operator from then until she was demobilised after the war.

Reactions: Woosh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
nato started it setting up us bases ever closer to russia it is all funded buy the west none of it will reach the front line or get sold on the black market west wanted a proxy war and they got one that they will never win and have lost already.

and what war has the usa started and won since ww2 0 made loads of money tho rainbow bombs are expensive and f35s just fly away on there own oh no :p

9pm mon-thursday

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
nd what war has the usa started and won since ww2 0 made loads of money tho rainbow bombs are expensive and f35s just fly away on there own oh no :p
Russia didn't start and win wars, China didn't start and win wars either. At least, not in the conventional way. The point is to increase the boundary of your own security sphere. From that point of view, Russia is a now less potent threat compared to 1970s. Nato sphere has vastly expanded, Russian sphere much reduced. China would rather be betting on the Western sphere.
Just look at Russian oil and gas exports in the last 12 months if you need convincing.

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they got more nukes than us and they wanted to join nato and was told no buy the usa and it could of all been avoided but boris went over and screwed that up.

yet without Russia we would have lost ww2 and they lost the most amount of ppl as well fact.

the usa is a corporate war machine for profit it ends when the money stops and that wont be long one way or the other.

i get stuff faster from china than rm in this dump and never pay no import duty :oops:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

who is firing fkn infrared lases at me went on for hrs :oops:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
yet without Russia we would have lost ww2 and they lost the most amount of ppl as well fact.
it was then, and we could have won without Russia, albeit more slowly. The USA would have come up with nuclear weapons before Hitler's own. We now have to deal with Putin, Netanyahu and possibly Donald Trump as the 47th potus.