New Haibike dealer?

20ston

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2012
can someone please clarify, that there is a new haibike dealer in the uk?

has the old dealer stopped supplying haibikes?

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Hi

The situation is Raleigh were recently taken over by the Group which owns Haibike. Raleigh will be working to establish the brand in the UK and Ireland via dealers including the electric bikes as they are the exclusive distributer. I have made enquiries about stocking this brand but would want assurances that spare parts will be available. See link to the story below:

Haibike appoint Raleigh UK as their exclusive distributor for UK and Ireland | Raleigh News

Hope this clarifies the situation

DW

20ston

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2012
the reason i was asking if the old uk dealer had lost the dealership, was just to shed light on my own situation.
i have still not got my situation sorted with James at Justebikes. a while ago i recieved a email from James saying that it was obvious that my frame failure was either a manufacturing fault, or bad workmanship,
he said in light of this, he would give me a full refund, which i said was ok.
James told me he wanted the trekking bike and battery, and also my bikes battery and charger returning, prior to me recieving my refund.
i was not happy doing this, as i felt i would have nothing to bargain with then, has i had recieved a few failed promises form James in the past, and i feared my refund would be a long time coming.
my thoughts have proven right.
i emailed James this week to tell him that i was now going to sell the bike and batteries, as i felt this was the only way that i was going to recoup any money back.
James emailed me back pretty much saying if i agreed not to pursue any claim from Justebikes regarding either bike, then it was ok for me to do so.
or i think this is what he was saying. i am awaiting a email to clarify this.

just to clarify things, i paid for my bike £2300 in may, i recieved the bike in august, i rode it for 5 weeks (about 600km), it was returned to Justebikes the 2nd week in september, and the situation is not sorted.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
can someone please clarify, that there is a new haibike dealer in the uk?

has the old dealer stopped supplying haibikes?
so what's the haps stranger?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008

20ston

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2012
i am stuck with a haibike trekking model with 133km on it, and my battery with 600km on it and my charger.
i think from his email replies, that James has agreed that i can sell it to recoup some money.
obviously i am not gonna get my £2300 outlay back, like i should be, but to be honest, i just want to put a end to any dealings with Justebikes.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
As far as I am aware Just E Bikes were importing but not selling them through other shops i.e. direct selling option. The Raleigh articles says they are the exsclusive distributer which essentially means they would look to develop a dealer network across the UK and Ireland. The exclusive element suggest Just E Bikes would need to ubuy from Raleigh rather than importing the bikes themselves, assuming the article is correct. However only Just E Bikes could really confirm this for certain.

Personally I think setting up a dealer network is the best way to do it as it means you can get local back up although it does mean that prices are higher than direct sellors like Woosh as two groups are taking margins (dealers and distributers). Nothing neccesarily wrong with direct sellng as long as back up is provided but I think you can not beat local support! I believe customer service is key as people will tell more people when they have recieved bad service than when they recieve good service. Key is solving problems quickly when they occassionally occur.

DW

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
i am stuck with a haibike trekking model with 133km on it, and my battery with 600km on it and my charger.
i think from his email replies, that James has agreed that i can sell it to recoup some money.
obviously i am not gonna get my £2300 outlay back, like i should be, but to be honest, i just want to put a end to any dealings with Justebikes.
blimey that is shocking news! so where is the broken bike?

Last edited:

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
...The situation is Raleigh were recently taken over by the Group which owns Haibike. Raleigh will be working to establish the brand in the UK and Ireland via dealers including the electric bikes as they are the exclusive distributer.
This is good news for the Haibike brand in many ways. As far as I can make out, the existing Raleigh Ebike UK management team will remain intact. I particularly hope that Lloyd Clarkson continues in his role as product manager. I've had the pleasure of meeting Lloyd several times over the last three years, including assisting him with leading group rides around Swindon.

The introduction of the Haibike brand into Britain came at a time when the manufacturing capacity simply could not satisfy demand in its home market, let alone the additional requirements of other countries. I always knew my own Haibike would be a long time coming, but this was never an issue as I have other machines which I could use. Needless to say, it was worth the expected wait, but finally taking ownership of a very beautiful machine was, due to the absence of communication, the worst retail experience of my entire life.

The Haibike brand deserves better representation in Britain, and I'm sure it will get it under the Raleigh umbrella.

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
blimey that is shocking news! so where is the broken bike?
Careful. Justebikes might ask for the thread to be locked!

Good news regarding Raleigh. The Haibikes look like nice machines.

20ston

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2012
just got a email from James confirming that i can sell the trekking bike to recoup my money, if i wish to do so.
so, anyone interested in a 133km old haibike trekking model, with a spare battery with 600km on it?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I just feel very sorry for anyone else who bought a bike from them...

should be a good deal for someone, what are yo going to buy instead?

20ston

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2012
Ed, i would like a haibike xduro fs, like the one i bought, but unfortunatley my faith in the brand has now completley gone.
so any ideas for a bosch equipped mountainbike would be gratly welcomed.

also, any idea what price i should ask for the bike and stuff i have?

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
any idea what price i should ask for the bike and stuff i have?
All depends on where the short fall is coming from :rolleyes:, maybe ebay auction would get the best price (less fees to ebay and paypal)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
your going to have problems, possibly because of the lack of providence...

this seems to be proving popular,a few on here have bought it...not a dually though. what weight are you? the AVE's good for 120kg

AVE XH-3 Electric Bike

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I had a chat with the export director of Haibike (also Hercules and Winora) at Eurobike show,he told me that all the range would be distributed through the Raleigh dealers. So in theory you should be able to buy any of the Accell bikes through any Raleigh dealer but I suspect that only a few will decide to take up the e-bikes. Petersfield Cycles seem to be one of the first to be pro active sellers and should have Raleigh and Haibike models available for test at our Redbridge Test an e-bike day,April 7.
I hope the setup succeeds the Haibike I thought a good strong bike.
Dave
Kudoscycles

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
So ton
What's actually up with the frame , any pics or a link if I have missed it

20ston

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2012
cakey, the frame on the xduro fs snapped just below the shock mount, where the down tube is welded to the short stubby section.
justebikes have that bike, i have a trekking model as a replacement it seems now.