My Cargo bike build.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I won't touch the OSF if I don't see 5v.
Yes stock firmware files are saved.

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
Tomorrow will be an attempt to upload the new emmebrusa firmware v.20.1C. 2 version.
But first I will have to 100% test that the controller is the old version and not the new one. Physically looking at the pcb it looks like the old type, by metering between Gnd & swim one should see 5v. The new versions shows 0v.
Neal,
  • Isn't v20.1c.2 still in pre-relaes/beta? 1c.1 has been around for some time and thus tried and tested.
  • Each to their own of course but if I were on my first build, I'd not be brave enough to try a pre-release version 'cos if something didn't go as planned I'd wonder if it were me/my motor rather than a potential firmware issue

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
v20.1c.2 is now the default version on git hub, it has been fully released.

I have the old controller 4.75v seen gnd- swim.

Reactions: Bikes4two

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I'm a bit stuck now as not sure how to open the java configurator to down load the OSF. I think I'm missing a programme in W10 to allow me to open the Java configurator file.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'm a bit stuck now as not sure how to open the java configurator to down load the OSF. I think I'm missing a programme in W10 to allow me to open the Java configurator file.
Sorry Nealh but I have no idea about the process of updating firmware on the TDZ2, because I don't of course have one and thus haven't looked too closely at the process. I also refuse to install Windows 10 no matter what! But it looks as though you have to download a .hex file, configure STVP and use STVP to flash your controller with the .hex file. STVP should be somewhere on your computer? It's in this vid:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
STVP is an .exe file and might not need JAVA, unless it's calling on JAVA libraries - but if it does need JAVA library functions in order to work, you can download JAVA if Windows 10 doesn't already have it:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
...sorry, this is the next vid, which isn't about flashing the controller either:

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Man, this is a long process... here's the next one - he does flash the controller in this one and encounters problems before succeeding:

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If you mean load the .hex file into STVP, it's a STVP function. If you mean download the OSF .hex file from the website to load into STVP later, that's probably right-click and "Save as", otherwise windows likely won't know what to do with a .hex file, or it might open it in a .hex file editor if you have one installed. I'd definitely avoid editing that .hex file! :eek:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The file I can't open is the java configurator that allows the OSF to load as far as I'm aware.
Just read the java main page again and it says Java basically I'm fooked as my W10 uses Edge, I'm trying a Internet Explorer Java download to see if that will work.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It should be easy but not proving to be so, yet I have followed the wiki step by step for all the downloads.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The file I can't open is the java configurator that allows the OSF to load as far as I'm aware.
Do you have a link to the JAVA configurator?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It should be easy but not proving to be so, yet I have followed the wiki step by step for all the downloads.
Do you have a link to the wiki?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Is this the wiki you are using? If so, which numbered step are you on?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I wouldn't touch Edge or Internet Explorer with a bargepole, I use Firefox:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Just read the java main page again and it says Java basically I'm fooked as my W10 uses Edge, I'm trying a Internet Explorer Java download to see if that will work.
Once the JAVA runtime environment has downloaded and installed, it should work for all browsers present on your PC, unless it has been disabled. It will work for all programs on your PC.

This page will tell you if JAVA has been installed for your browser:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Once JAVA has been downloaded and installed, any .jar file will open using JAVA.

Step 5 on this wiki won't work unless you have installed JAVA:

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Once installed, the JAVA language with libraries (plus libraries you install), are available for your PC running within your OS, and also your browser.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I don't run JAVA on any of my PCs at all anymore, because it's full of security holes. Unfortunately, you have to use it.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You're not at all fooked!

Related Articles

Advertisers