Looking for a mini 36v controller

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Found the thread :)

Looking at the buttons I can see me mounting the screen almost horizontal to use them. The one that looks the same for the bafang motors has the on/off button well designed, it is on the top of the screen, I can see the KT on off button being pushed by mistake when trying to push the "up" button.

What kind of gloves do you wear. In my warmer part of the world I can get away with the thin Decathlon water repellent ones but I did think twice before placing my order.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I think you have to press the M button to switch the Bafang one on. look at the explanation in the pictures.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
LCD4s have all the parameters to P5,C14 and L3. The display is quite small and the up and down buttons are quite fiddly. I can't see them working with gloves.
I see what you mean about the buttons (mine arrived on Friday). It is a design error, they should (could) have extended the bottom part where the buttons are by about 5 mm so that they ar further apart. It will work with my thinner winter water repellent gloves.

Unfortunately I can't test because I had removed the KTSmartBicycle app from my device to get some memory back and I can no longer download it, all the links end up in a Chinese never never land...

Top Tip:

A KT Bluetooth controller will not work without an active Bluetooth connection. Even if you have a KT LCD plugged in as well as the BT dongle.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
First road test and I really like the compactness - some would say stealth but I'm not hiding anything.

I can't see the average speed, do I have to ride for more than 9 km for that to display?

Mine is on it's side for the moment but even upright there is no way I can see the screen while riding (it is behind my leg) and I really don't mind that at all. When I am stopped I can glance down and pick an assistance level, probably even while moving once I get it installed on the adaptor I have planned. In the long term there will be a GPS screen between my feet so I will get speed from that. The only readout that is really interesting is battery voltage, I will adapt to only seeing that from time to time.

I can see myself cutting the tip off the thumb of my glove. Only really necessary when in conditions that require frequent and rapid changes of assistance level - say up in the mountain. I can feel the buttons through the glove but only just, they could have made those buttons higher. Maybe one could fit larger buttons, is this another 3D printer project?