Kalkhoff Pro Connect S, Dec 2009 for sale

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Kalkhoff Pro Connect S, Dec. 2009 for sale.

Used mainly for commuting for 2 years till I retired and has only done about 3,000 miles. Original top of the range S model in very good, almost unmarked condition. It's a very smooth and reliable ride and I'm only selling because I've bought a mountain bike for more offroad work now that I've retired.

Panasonic 250 watt motor with 3 assistance levels; 10 Ah battery which still holds a full charge and gives a range of at least 20 miles on medium assistance level. Upgraded to 14 tooth motor sprocket, which gives assistance to a higher speed; original 11 tooth sprocket included.

Details; Original high spec including Magura hydraulic rim brakes, Shimano XT 9 speed derailleur, Bausch and Lomb lights, carrier and mudguards. Frame size XL – I'm just over 6 ft tall with quite long legs.

Extras and modifications: Suntour NRX air adjustable front forks (replacing original RST ones which gave a very hard ride); Cane Creek Thudbuster suspension seat post; Shimano dual-sided pedals, SPD clip one side, normal cage the other; AXA Defender frame mounted rear wheel lock with cable; Fizik Rondine saddle; Cateye Strada wireless computer; brand new Schwalbe Schrader valve inner tubes (replacing original Woods valve type)

Reviews here; pdxebiker: Final Report: The Kalkhoff Pro Connect Sport, Pro Connect Sport E-Bike| Best eBike| Kalkhoff USA

I'm looking for £1100, based on deducting cost of a new battery from the original price, deducting 45% from the remainder, and adding in an allowance for existing battery condition and upgrades.

I also have a brand new 18 Ah Kalkhoff battery which I got 2 months ago before being tempted by the mountain bike and which has only done 12 miles so far. These batteries retail at £525 from 50 Cycles. I'll include it for an extra £400, so

£1500 will get you a bike which can still cut it with the competition, with many years of life remaining.

Please PM me or email me (hughman@sky.com) if you're interested. I'm near Woolwich Common in London.

1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Good luck with the sale.

really interested in what you think of your new bike to be honest:)

(my 60th this week and of for family tour of India for a treat) also wife]s going to treat me to new e bike, but will have to wait till later in year or possibly 2014. Some exciting new bikes on the way....

Last edited:

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
BIKE NOW SOLD

Edit option has vanished, so I've posted this.

Pro-connected

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 29, 2011
Edinburgh
.. and today Santa made an early delivery in Edinburgh bringing Hugh's old PCS to me. Actually it was TNT who delivered it and that was a painfully drawn-out process! Evidently TNT and I have different interpretations of the words 'express' and 'next-day'. It only required a day resting in their Croydon depot, and about 5 fraught phone calls to get the delivery made. (During one call I was informed in consecutive sentences that the bike was (a) in Edinburgh already awaiting delivery (b) still in Croydon as it had missed the overnight run to Edinburgh and (c) lost in transit! Turned out it was (b)). Still I suppose we are nearing the winter feasting festival and the couriers are working flat out.

On the plus side it survived the long journey Northward intact and has now been re-assembled, tested and taken for a test ride. First impression is that it's a fantastic bike and somehow more direct than my Pro-Connect: like the difference between a sports car and the family saloon I suppose. The PCS has very different gearing and tremendous lights and brakes. Once I've done a few hundred kilometres on it I'll post a fuller account. Not sure about the Fizik saddle: that might get swapped for a Specialized Expedition.

I was thinking I might keep my original Pro-Connect, but having had possession of a Pro-Connect S for all of 5 hours I suspect the original family saloon won't get out of the garage much in future! So is anyone out there interested in acquiring a Pro-Connect in the early spring? XL frame size, done about 5,000 kilometres (I've done just over 4,500 of those, and the guy I bought it from on ebay told me he'd done about 450 miles. Actually the wheels have only done 1,500 km as I swapped the original 24 spoke Shimano wheels for the 36 spoke Alex Ace 17 wheels from my GT Traffic 2 in May this year. Currently shod with Schwalbe Road Cruiser tyres. 2 x 10 AH batteries with it although the original is now down to about 60% on the push and hold capacity test and the second has about 80%. Wired 'computer' fitted.

I say 'early spring' as at the moment it's so grubby I'd be embarrassed to show it to anyone. So after it's had a deep clean and a service, I'll be looking for about £800 for it. Any takers?

Once again, thanks very much Hugh for your travails in getting the PCS to me. Much appreciated.