Intelligent Phase Recognition?

Reeflodge

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 2, 2020
My new controller arrived today and it has 2 green Intelligent phase reconition (study line) wires coming from it.
1. What is this for?
2. Do I loop them together as it has male and female connectors or leave them apart?

It also has a blue and black wire that are looped together and is described as cruise control.
What is this for?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Cheaper , crappier controllers have these systems. If the controller was truly intelligent they wouldn't need phase/learn wires.

Learn wires/phase study wires are just that, if the hub runs very rough electrically or backwards then one connects them until the wheel works properly. If need be one has to turn the power off and then on again each time until the controller learns to sync the phases (it may mean disconnecting and re connecting these wires each time), once the motor is running correctly turn off the power and disconnect the wires and leave them disconnected. Next time the bike should run correctly when switched on, the process can be a pain but should eventually work.

Cruise control is can be and is dangerous and is illegal in the UK, it does exactly as it says. One sets the cruise speed and it will cruise at that speed.

Reeflodge

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 2, 2020
That's interesting and good to know
I've only got a cheap ebike to get me to and from work locally so don't want to spend a lot on it.

So is the cruise control actually a limiter?
if it's connected it will limit the bike to 15mph?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It depends on if the display/controller allows derestriction, one sets the cruising speed and you are set to go but it if used should only be used on open roads.