In need of help with Bafang kit.

frund

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 13, 2024
Hello all, I'm a new member . Several months ago I ordered a bafang mid mount motor kit through lAi Express, big mistake. It arrived in dribs and drabs. Battery 3 weeks, Motor
Bafang G340 6 weeks, brake levers for cable 1 wiring loom, wheel sensor 1 lamp 1 missing, 1 thumb throttle arrived some time later. I ordered bafand C18 colour screen it never arrived. I filed a complaint through the above to the supplier. The shop I was dealing with said it was in the post and would arrive very soon and would I please withdraw my complaint . A fool. I withdrew complaint but it never arrived and as I had withdrawn my complaint there was no further action available. Now several months later I am trying to put what I have together with a view to ordering missing bits, screen being the major one.

I'm not sure what goes where regarding wiring from motor.

Any help would be so welcome. thanks

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
There are many available step by step tutorials online. I suggest you start with YouTube.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hello all, I'm a new member . Several months ago I ordered a bafang mid mount motor kit through lAi Express, big mistake. It arrived in dribs and drabs. Battery 3 weeks, Motor
Bafang G340 6 weeks, brake levers for cable 1 wiring loom, wheel sensor 1 lamp 1 missing, 1 thumb throttle arrived some time later. I ordered bafand C18 colour screen it never arrived. I filed a complaint through the above to the supplier. The shop I was dealing with said it was in the post and would arrive very soon and would I please withdraw my complaint . A fool. I withdrew complaint but it never arrived and as I had withdrawn my complaint there was no further action available. Now several months later I am trying to put what I have together with a view to ordering missing bits, screen being the major one.

I'm not sure what goes where regarding wiring from motor.

Any help would be so welcome. thanks
Aliexpress is very good for special stuff that you can't get anywhere else. It doesn't make sense to order a Bafang kit from there. The only problem with Aliexpress is the time it takes for some stuff to come. I've had to wait as long as 3 months, but In hundreds of orders, I've always got the stuff eventually, so I'm pretty sure that your LCD will come eventually as long as you were polite to the seller. The Chinese are very tit-for-tat, so always be polite and patient.

Many Aliexpress sellers are just guys selling from their bedroom. They have arrangements with the manufacturer's warehouses, where they wait for an order from you, then call it in from the warehouse. They don't have their own stock. They can be let down when the warehouse doesn't have stock, so you all have to wait until they do. That's happened to me a couple of times.

Reactions: harrys and Tony1951

frund

Apr 13, 2024
Disappointing for me. When I said a few months on reflection it has been a year or so. my offer was £600 with the screen which never arrived.
new screen on order elsewhere. I am cutting my losses hopefully.
I have today sorted out most things.
There are 2 small wires coming out of the motor iI do not know what these are for. Any ideas ? ta

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

they will sort you out ;)

frund

Apr 13, 2024
Hello Brik, that would make sense as they are the smallest. thanks for that. The screen should be with me anytime and then I will put it together.

Reactions: Brik