How can I fit my new HW BRAKE SENSORS King-Meter

bayrider

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2013
DEVON
Started fitting new E bike kit and decided to look at fitting the HWBS supplied and need your help please as can't see how I can fit these as I have NO exposed brake cable beyond the adjuster and little room for maneuver lower down on the back wheel same goes for the front wheel what can I do as the king-meter parts seem too long to fit in the space I have this was after studying the images of how to fit them on you tube ect and other sites, these are pin connected push on. Appreciate forum help on here if you have had the same problem, your advise please....IMG_20171103_192737.jpg IMG_20171103_194106.jpg IMG_20171103_200002.jpg IMG_20171103_192741.jpg IMG_20171103_192744.jpg thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 4366

It's probably easier to buy some new cable inners, which you can get from Wilkos for £1.25 each because you need cut 2" off the cable outer or find a way to lose the extra 2" length on the brake cable after fitting the HWBS. Normal procedure is:

Pull inner back through outer;
Cut 2" off outer;
Put HWBS in position on the correct end of the outer;
Thread inner back through outer and HWBS;
Adjust brake and cable length.

The HWBS is directional, so has to go on the correct end of the outer, either between the brake and the outer or between the outer and the caliper. if you put it on the wrong end, the red light goes on and stays on when you operate the brake, and you get no power.

Do you have the correct connector for it on your controller?

bayrider

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2013
DEVON
Thank's for that so I'm totally ok then to unscrew the threaded adjuster take the crimp of the the end of the brake cable off and adjust / feed the wire and trim accordingly as suggested as for re-crimping where can I get crimping ends thanks deveh

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I just cut the cable gain and put the end protection back on, 2 minute job.

bayrider

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2013
DEVON
Hi you mention cut the cable would that not be cut the brake line housing by length of the HWBS and leave the cable if so which is the best way to cut the housing as it seems to be hard and rigid and would not want to cut right though the brake cable as well or do I have to?

malkie0831

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2016
GB
You need to shorten the outer part by the length of the sensor, but not the inner cable. The outer can be cut with a good pair of strong pliers using the wire cutting edges, or preferably a pair of side cutters. You will have to disconnect the cable inner from the calliper, unthread it and thread it through the sensor and back in place again. You will have to remove the nipple from the end of the cable and fit a new one afterwards. They only cost a few pence and can be crimped on with pliers.