Help repairing a Besv PAS1 please

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I'm trying help community bike repair group with an unusual ebike. A full suspension, carbon fibre, small wheel bike.

It has a rear AK motor, a proprietary lcd and battery , a controller I don't recognise and a strange failure. I'll try to keep this succient.

The issue is that the lcd fires up but shows zero battery. The up and down pas buttons do nothing.

Tests done

1. The charger outputs 42v, all good
2. The battery charges to 42v but if left for 24hrs will drop to 41.5v but no more after further sitting
3. I have jerry rigged two further 36v packs in and same result
4. When I remove the battery bracket to get at the controller it has same size and shape as a standard 250w controller.
5. There is only a power link to the controller ie no Can or handshake required. In fact only2 of the 4 power blades are connected
6. The blades and receivers are tight (and I bypassed with other batteries anyway)
7. Wiring is all Higo waterproof style
8.someone has attempted to repair the 5 wires from the controller to the LCD. They only reconnected 4 out of 5. I have connected them all with no luck
9. It has 2 brake cutoffs, I have tried with none, all and both connected. No power to motor
10.there is full battery power at the lcd conne tion point ie 42v or near a ough but still the lcd reads empty battery.

Photos below (don't shoot the messenger on the lcd soldering. In the words of Shaggy, it wasn't me

Overall the bike seems like a well made, quality bit of kit.

I'm leaning towards a LCD issue. Possibly an issue between the Higo connector and lcd itself. Any thoughts appreciated but especislly on the below

1. There really doesn't appear to be any PAS. No wires, no magnet no sensors. Everything looks basically new and untouched too

2. Do you recogise this controller? So I might swap out the LCD

3. Is this motor an odd one? Maybe pas integrated somehow?

Cheers all