Fitted BBS01B to my Carrera Crossfire

Darranna

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2017
South Essex
Hi I know this is an old thread, but I have the same bike and am considering converting it like you have. I'm a bit new to all this, so wondered if you could let me know which kit you got and if you're still happy with it now or would have gone for something different?

Many thanks
Hi Dale, I fitted the BBS01 to mine, and I changed the forks and brakes to Hydraulic rather than cable. I bought the whole thing as a kit from Woosh bikes, but it’s an easy install wherever you get it from. The only problem I had was, was mounting the battery, but easily overcome with some threaded rivets.

Interestingly, I’m about to sell mine as I’m upgrading to a foldable, which is better for storing in our Motorhome

dale_

Just Joined
May 20, 2020
Hi Dale, I fitted the BBS01 to mine, and I changed the forks and brakes to Hydraulic rather than cable. I bought the whole thing as a kit from Woosh bikes, but it’s an easy install wherever you get it from. The only problem I had was, was mounting the battery, but easily overcome with some threaded rivets.

Interestingly, I’m about to sell mine as I’m upgrading to a foldable, which is better for storing in our Motorhome
Thanks for getting back so quickly. Do you have it listed for sale anywhere yet?

Andy Vickers

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 28, 2020
Hi. I'm in the process of building similar but with a Tsdz2.
I got lucky by setting up alerts for a Carrera on Gumtree and EBay. Bagged a Carrera Vengeance for £90. The bikes now ready and the motor has arrived but am waiting for the battery still.
I'll post mine when I get back from my hols and finish it.

Darranna

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2017
South Essex
Hi. I'm in the process of building similar but with a Tsdz2.
I got lucky by setting up alerts for a Carrera on Gumtree and EBay. Bagged a Carrera Vengeance for £90. The bikes now ready and the motor has arrived but am waiting for the battery still.
I'll post mine when I get back from my hols and finish it.
be careful when mounting the battery, invest in some threaded rivet heads and add an additional one the water bottle mounts aren’t strong enough with only the two mounting points

Andy Vickers

Jun 28, 2020
be careful when mounting the battery, invest in some threaded rivet heads and add an additional one the water bottle mounts aren’t strong enough with only the two mounting points

Because I'll be using on a 5 mile round trip commute I've gone for a 48v 7ah Sony bottle battery. My bike when finished will look like this one https://www.eco-ebike.com/products/36v-7-0ah-water-bottle-battery

H3W1TT

Just Joined
Aug 6, 2020
Hi. How much did you spend on this bike total to get it to the final product? Did you sell it? How much for? I'm looking at getting an e-bike but not sure weather to get the Carrera e crossfire or convert one like you have. Thanks

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Because I'll be using on a 5 mile round trip commute I've gone for a 48v 7ah Sony bottle battery. My bike when finished will look like this one https://www.eco-ebike.com/products/36v-7-0ah-water-bottle-battery
That's a 36v battery, not 48v. Just saying.

Also, why are you buying a battery from Nashville, when you can get the same one from Aliexpress at half the price?

Finally, I think that battery will struggle with the current. It's only 20 cells. The lower capacity 6Ah one with high power cells would be better. That's if you can trust the Chinese supplier to give you what they say.

Andy Vickers

Jun 28, 2020
That's a 36v battery, not 48v. Just saying.

Also, why are you buying a battery from Nashville, when you can get the same one from Aliexpress at half the price?

Finally, I think that battery will struggle with the current. It's only 20 cells. The lower capacity 6Ah one with high power cells would be better. That's if you can trust the Chinese supplier to give you what they say.
Lol it's just the site I got idea from. It's all legit from Unit Pack Power via Aliexpress

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Lol it's just the site I got idea from. It's all legit from Unit Pack Power via Aliexpress
They still don't do a 48v battery in that type, assuming that you have ordered and want the 36v 7ah one, which has Samsung 35E cells in it, it'll struggle with that motor. the cells are rated at * amps each, which means 24 amps for 3P, but, as a general rule, you should have 100% headroom, which means they're good for about 12 amps. The problem with crank motors is that they can draw maximum current all the time by gear selection. i'd be looking at a 30 cell battery with LG HG2s or Samsung 30Q or any other high discharge rate cells for that application. the battery you have chosen will work, but it'll be saggy and probably won't last very long. It'll be no problem if you ride everywhere in eco mode.

gsm.terra

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2020
Edinburgh
So a few pictures;

From this
View attachment 19348

To this

View attachment 19349

The only rear hiccups were the bottom bracket cable guide which had to be replaced, mounting the battery as the bottle mounts didn't line up and thats was about it. I've fitted Clarks hydraulic callipers and a new 8 speed rapid fire shifters as the standard one was integrated into the brake lever.

Only done a short test ride, but the motors seems very quiet and pulls ok, it's not the same as the Bewo motor that really packed a punch although I guess this is probably more to do with the controller than the motor. Another observation it's softer on the gear changes.

Any questions feel free to ask.
Looks great! Well done.

Reactions: Andy Vickers