Ebiking lets me..

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Lovely dog.. some sort of german shepherd yes? Very well trained and he clearly loves his runs out with you.

Czech shepherds are typically known for their even temperament, intelligence, high energy and drive. The Czech shepherd breed is from the German working line of German shepherds and was bred to produce working dogs. They have a natural tendency to be protective and obedient, and they are also great trackers. These dogs excel as military or police dogs and serve well as assistance dogs.

The Czech shepherd is often cautious with strangers, exhibiting a defensive posture when approached. These dogs mature slower than those of other shepherd lines, but their working drive is inherent from birth. Czech shepherds, like most German shepherds, have an intelligence that makes training easy. The Czech shepherd's even temperament doesn't mean it is not capable of anger; when threatened or in protection mode, a Czech shepherd can be quite dangerous, with strong, agile attacks that can stun an opponent.

The color of Czech shepherds varies, with common colors being black and tan, black and red, sable, or solid black. They make excellent family dogs and are well behaved with children.

Their high energy levels demand a lot of activity. Regular outside activity, such as walking or running, is a great way to release their energy and prevent unwanted or destructive behavior in the home.

As a youngster.
3 months.jpg

5 months old.
Lake.JPG

Loves my grandson.
Caged.jpg

CJ-Jet.jpg

Loves Bruce.
Jet Bruce.jpg

Bruce 9 months.jpg

Loves to work.
Close up.jpg

18 months.jpg

Can search and track and.. bark etc.
Cheese.jpg

Barking2.jpg

A good all rounder at 32 months old.

These are 'serious' dogs. Almost primal, old DDR (communist bloc) patrol dogs. Much different to a regular GSD. They won't do a thing for food or for love. They don't react to being stroked and I only get two wags of the tail when I get home from being at work all day.

They'll do anything for a ball. Although, unless you're the handler, you'd best not stop throwing it, when they bring it back. Or, they'll bully you into throwing it again and again, ad infinitum. :)

Not recommended for the novice.

Last edited:

Jason P

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2014
E-Biking allows me... to commute 9 miles in to London (and 9 out again) without getting to the office needing a shower... and keeps me fitter than using public transport would!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17694

Ebiking lets me commute to work through a forest, instead of being in a motorway traffic jam. It makes me feel young again, gives me that wind in the hair feeling (although not much left) and the invigorating rush of air wakes me up. Experiencing the sights, sounds and smells of the countryside at all times of year is something mysteriously nostalgic. Ebiking also allows me to get things done and I see my surroundings quite differently to how I perceive them through a windscreen.

This is my commute...

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Ah the e-bike pub crawl!

My father told me a story from his youth which involved a bike, a keg of beer and very bent handlebars when he woke up the next day. How they got bent? That is where he was carrying the keg of beer. That is all he remembered... :rolleyes:

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Ebiking lets me break the ice. Like walking a dog, lots of like minded people will always stop and chat. Sometimes they stop me, and sometimes I stop them. It's a very sociable form of transport. :)

Reactions: Gaz

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Ebiking lets me cheat and follow the path of most resistance. Getting me away from the summer biking crowds and the Strava speed kings. All of whom have the same right to be there as everyone else. ;)

Reactions: Sarabee

fatwomble

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2017
Southampton / Winchester
As this thread has been resurrected, it's an ideal one for my first post.

I bought a Gtech about 6 weeks ago so that I can commute to work on the days I'm in the office. 12 miles each way (via the scenic route) and not arrive in a huge sweaty mess. Getting some exercise on the way, but then being able to ride much harder on the way back. 24 miles using only half the battery (sometimes less), proves that I'm making an effort as well.

The added bonus is that my wife actually enjoyed riding it. I'd given up trying to drag her out on a bike over the last 20 years I've been riding for fun and fitness. So I bought her one and last week we actually went out for a bike ride together.

I've also just converted one of my mountain bikes, so that I can try some off road ebike fun. Maiden voyage will be today.

IMG_20170414_084917 by fatwomble, on Flickr