Help! e-bike controller

RoryFonz

Just Joined
Apr 15, 2024
I bought a folding e-bike called Route 36 E+plus from Argos in the Republic of Ireland, about 9 months after buying it the controller on the handlebars would not stay on. After about 5 seconds after turning it on all of the lights on the controller would flash about 5 times and then the controller would shut off. The controller connected to battery has the model No: WZKD3613A-F4, I cannot find this anyware. Can anyone advise me where to get this model of controller. I have attached a photo of the controller on the handlebars and a photo of the controller attached to the battery. By the way Argos has closed all of there stores in Ireland and as we don't have any Sainsburys stores here I connot return it to Argos.

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
There is nothing wrong with the control panel and probably nothing wrong with the controller. The flashing lights are an error code. Unfortunately, I never found a manual to explain the codes.

Start by making sure that the motor connector is pushed in all the way to the marked line, not just in tight.

Things don't go wrong for no reason. What happened just before the problem started.

RoryFonz

Just Joined
Apr 15, 2024
Thank you for your help, The motor connector seems to be pushed all the way in, I can't think of anything that happened before the problem started. I did get a full refund from Argos but as they no longer have stores in Ireland I got to keep the bike.

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Thank you for your help, The motor connector seems to be pushed all the way in, I can't think of anything that happened before the problem started. I did get a full refund from Argos but as they no longer have stores in Ireland I got to keep the bike.
The photo is too fuzzy. The only question is whether the outer reaches the line. The phot doesn't show it!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Even if one was to find the led display , it would likely be cheaper to replace the controller box and display as a cheaper option. A KT set up would transform the bike from the crappy liekly a speed control system in use.

Advertisers