cyclotricity kit with bottle battery

ray74

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
hi, just enquiring to see if anyone would be interested in my cyclotricity kit that i bought new last september 2013, it is the 26 inch wheel with the 9ah black bottle battery, i have done about 1500 miles with it in that time and been charged about just over 100 times. i have always charged until the light goes green and only gone to the battery limit twice but charged up again as soon as it did.

p.s, there is no sensor with mine, i just opted for the throttle only but i believe this can be bought from cyclotricity as a seperate item if needed.

this is just a general enquiry at the moment as i havent bought my new bike yet and just need to see if anyone might be interseted.

thanks, ray.

ray74

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
sorry, price might be a good idea. if and when i come to sell it i was thinking of about £250 for everything including battery and charger, i dont know if thats to much or not but i know a new battery from them is £310 if bought separetaly.

im close to buying a new bike so any idea if this is a good price or not would be great help. thanks.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
sorry, price might be a good idea. if and when i come to sell it i was thinking of about £250 for everything including battery and charger, i dont know if thats to much or not but i know a new battery from them is £310 if bought separetaly.

im close to buying a new bike so any idea if this is a good price or not would be great help. thanks.
Sounds fair to me, I would be so tempted if it had a rack battery but bottle won't fit in the frame of my other bike.
Dave.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Hi Ray

Just wondered if you'd consider selling the battery separately and at what cost

Understand if not of course

Thanks
Kirstin

ray74

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
Hi Ray

Just wondered if you'd consider selling the battery separately and at what cost

Understand if not of course

Thanks
Kirstin
i would consider it actually, im not sure how much for though as i know the kit isnt worht a great deal with out it but i could be open to offers.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Thanks - sorry to be a pain but do you happen to know what cells are used ? Eg samsung, Panasonic or generic Chinese ?

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I should add I have an ebike spare that I'm trying to fix up for the wife , it's all running but I couldn't save the battery - hence the request for just battery

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I further add that the reason for asking what actual cells are inside the case is that it would affect the offered price. By way of explanation I am very surprised , happily so, the longevity of panasonics I have in mine and Samsung have a good reputation - but I would treat generic Chinese cells with greater suspicion. So an offer price for a 2nd hand battery with these is more of a gamble on how long it may last - well treated even.

Hope this makes sense - sorry if
is seems ridiculous but money is tight and I have made one bad purchase before .

The marital fallout was significant !

ray74

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
I honestly don't know what cells are inside. All I know is that I've always looked after the battery as I know that it's the most expensive part of the kit.