Cyclamatic controller?

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
Hi All,

Been a while since I posted here.

Anyway, my Wisper is out of commission (cracked rim and snapped spokes) and the Cyclamatic has been dead for a while, but that hasn't really been a problem while the Wisper was working. So while dismantling the Wisper I thought I would have a look and see what is up with the Cyclamatic.

Long story short, the controller appears to be dead and I was wondering if anyone can suggest a source for a replacement?

As a side note, I'm still using the original battery on the Wisper from 2009 I think... if only the back wheel would last that long!

D

Deleted member 4366

The Cyclamatic controller is very small. Most alternatives won't fit in the compartment with the connectors, so check the size carefully. It's a LSDSZ controller. I think Jerrysimon got similar ones a while ago, but I'm not sure if they were PAS only.

It's possible to fit a bigger one if you can do something with the connectors, like soldering the wires direct to the PCB and using external connectors if you need them. I gutted my battery and installed a KU63 in there along with 5aH of 44v lipos.You could also get the longer 36v battery case, which should have enough room for the battery and controller in it.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Just to add to d8veh's info. I used a sensorless controller with the Cyclamatic original hub motor many years ago. So you are not just limited to looking for a replacement hall sensored controller.

I used throttle only, so not sure if sensorless controllers accommodate PAS :confused:

Last edited: