Chainring offset options for BBS02B

Robbieh

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 12, 2017
Berkshire
Hi, I've got my new setup from Woosh. I started building my bike up to find that the chain line is a long way out. I've read what I can find and that the Bling ring seems to be the only option I can find as yet. Are there any other items to buy or do I have to get something specially fabricated? I don't think the Bling ring gives me enough offset to use all my 9speed. My MTB is an On-One Scandal Ali frame with a 73mm BB. The motor slides right up to the chainstay so a very thin spacer is needed just to give a small gap which I can easily do as I have some plastic ones that came with a new hollowtech BB.

t1sugar

Oct 28, 2017
Newcastle
Ive got a 10sp deore xt on mine and the bling ring did wonders, no gear skipping at all so far (mind i've only done two rides so far) I bought the spacer for the bling ring but decided I didn't need it.

The other purchase I made which I have read is really useful is a GearSensor, cuts out the motor when you shift. On my two rides its been great and I believe it may reduce wear and tear on the chain etc.

Robbieh

Nov 12, 2017
Berkshire
Thanks T1sugar! Does your chain line up with the middle of your cassette please as I assume that's what I'm looking to achieve? If you used the spacer would that move it further away to the right? as I'm trying to get the chainring closer to the BB. Also, is the gear sensor available for the BBS02B please? Thanks.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I currently have a 42T Bling Ring on a BBS02 and the offset is about 5mm towards the bottom bracket. I previously had an Alcedo Italia 42T chainring, which had around the same offset.

I cannot run a regular Bafang chainring with my 8 speed cassette, as it renders the two lowest gears unusable.

BTW, the Bling Ring is the best of the two, with the Bling Ring having a better tooth profile. The Bling Ring has narrow/wide, whereas the Alcedo Italia has a regular profile.

Robbieh

Nov 12, 2017
Berkshire
Thanks guys! Brilliant read tommie! Looks just what I was after.

Fordulike, is that 5mm extra to the standard Bafang ring?

Cheers, Rob.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Thanks guys! Brilliant read tommie! Looks just what I was after.

Fordulike, is that 5mm extra to the standard Bafang ring?

Cheers, Rob.
Yes. Doesn't sound like much, but it improves chainline dramatically.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Anybody tried the spider adaptors from Greenbikekit.com ?
No I use a precialps.com one. More expensive but arrives the next day in an enveloppe, maybe the day after next in the UK. Oh and it weighs 52 grams not 220 g...

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Yep I have a Shimano 32 and a Truvativ 42 on mine (104 BCD) for the moment. When I move it to the trike I will put a 48 big ring on, also thought about going to a compact road double and a 130 BCD.

Robbieh

Nov 12, 2017
Berkshire
Yep I have a Shimano 32 and a Truvativ 42 on mine (104 BCD) for the moment. When I move it to the trike I will put a 48 big ring on, also thought about going to a compact road double and a 130 BCD.
Oh that's perfect for me, shame that Precialps item is out of stock!! Thanks tho, at least I know which way to go now.