Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So even when well informed you still made the wrog decision? fair enough that's your preogative, but the Government didn't make a very good case did they?
And are you trying to postulate that the greater mass of Brexit Voters Bothered to check when even the Government hadn't?

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
The famous "we" makes another appearance!
As in I (we) are the proletariat?
Not at all, there's nothing about me that Tom wouldn't like! It would seem that neither of are Pricks albeit we don't know how honest he was in doing the quiz, not very I suspect.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Back to the origin of the gallon...totally OT , a bit risqué but a funny story..
A good few years ago I was in a meeting with a female bank manager. During our conversation her phone rang, she apologised and,asked if I minded her taking call. I said ofcourse not.
She answered phone and a male voice replied to her greeting..
" I,m going to turn you upside down, fill your ##### with red wine and drink it"
She never flinched, went red or anything and simply replied
" you can drink a gallon then"
And hung up. To this day I,m not sure wether it was her boyfriend, husband or cold caller...but whichever she simply continued our conversation.

• :D
Reactions: flecc and PeterL

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
there's always room for a masochist (Sorry Brexiter) on here, and now you have a Friend too.
Doesn't that give you a warm and cuddly feeling inside?
Is there something I should know here? I don't think there's ever been an 'outing' in this forum but I'm a great believer in equality and same-sex stuff counts in that equality.

Tom

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Sometimes, your typing produces sentences that aren't quite joined up. I imagine your thinking is no different.

Tom
Surely even a idiot can work that out? That's the whole point of a full-stop albeit perhaps you prefer one-liners? My thinking tends to be more focussed.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
As I have stated on a number of occasions previously , I think your Lord Kerr has got it wrong, and it is wishful thinking.
Once article 50 was enacted, all initiative was lost by the UK.
Perhaps you didn't quite listen to all Kerr had to say yesterday, 'Danidl' but he was making exactly the point that we can withdraw and continue as normal at any time during the process. He made it very clear that May and others have been entirely wrong to suggest otherwise.

Moreover, I can't remember if it was Tusk or one of the other senior EU figures who said it but some time ago, long before Kerr made his speech, one senior EU official stated in a televised interview that the UK can rescind their formal notice of secession at any time and that it would be welcomed by the 27.

Tom

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Is there something I should know here? I don't think there's ever been an 'outing' in this forum but I'm a great believer in equality and same-sex stuff counts in that equality.

Tom
Would be nice to have fair warning though. Not everyone is that way inclined.

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Perhaps you didn't quite listen to all Kerr had to say yesterday, 'Danidl' but he was making exactly the point that we can withdraw and continue as normal at any time during the process. He made it very clear that May and others have been entirely wrong to suggest otherwise.

Moreover, I can't remember if it was Tusk or one of the other senior EU figures who said it but some time ago, long before Kerr made his speech, one senior EU official stated in a televised interview that the UK can rescind their formal notice of secession at any time and that it would be welcomed by the 27.

Tom
Who is being daft now then? Are you seriously suggesting that 'we' (another one for OG) go into the negotiations saying that if we don't get the deal we want, to leave, we will stay?

Just the one sentence (two actually) so should be easy enough even for you to understand?

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Surely even a idiot can work that out? That's the whole point of a full-stop
Well, I wouldn't know but you could ask the troll for his expert advice.

My point was based on these 8 words

It would seem that neither of are Pricks
However, if you tell me you believe that to be joined up, then obviously I have to respect your right to hold a different view of grammar from the normally accepted principles.

Tom

• Agree

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Well, I wouldn't know but you could ask the troll for his expert advice.

My point was based on these 8 words

However, if you tell me you believe that to be joined up, then obviously I have to respect your right to hold a different view of grammar from the normally accepted principles.

Tom
I had missed out an 'us' in my haste but surely, given it was you that offered the 'challenge' to see if we (again) are 'Pricks' it wouldn't have been that difficult?

At least I do know what punctuation is for - not you it seems - have you tried to join up the above? There's a big empty space after 8 words... what's all that about?

Think we know for sure who the "prick' is in our midst!

• Dislike

Advertisers