Bosch Display 2019: Kiox

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
thats the abs unit like you need it going 15mph :rolleyes: but the display did show 55kph max speed so must be a sclass bike;)

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
I was wandering Just that
And of course when can I have one and how much:)

thats the abs unit like you need it going 15mph :rolleyes: but the display did show 55kph max speed so must be a sclass bike;)
That's just the speed the bikes been to, not the speed it assisted to. So its highly possible its still a pedelec, just ones thats been ridden down a hill.

But yes, there are 3 new things from Bosch this year, the ABS, the Kiox and the new Cobi option.

and yes, the new Kiox display (with new remote) can be added to an existing system, so you can swap from Intuvia, Purion, or Nyon.

• Informative
Reactions: Fat Rat

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
That's just the speed the bikes been to, not the speed it assisted to. So its highly possible its still a pedelec, just ones thats been ridden down a hill.

But yes, there are 3 new things from Bosch this year, the ABS, the Kiox and the new Cobi option.

and yes, the new Kiox display (with new remote) can be added to an existing system, so you can swap from Intuvia, Purion, or Nyon.
I have purion, intuvia and Cobi and prefer Cobi, partly because it shows all the data that Kiox will show but mostly because it has an auto sync with Strava type apps so I don't need to use another device in tandem. I would have bought nyon if it had this option and I suspect Kiox won't have it either.

I have purion, intuvia and Cobi and prefer Cobi, partly because it shows all the data that Kiox will show but mostly because it has an auto sync with Strava type apps so I don't need to use another device in tandem. I would have bought nyon if it had this option and I suspect Kiox won't have it either.
My brain is a bit fried from 2 weeks of product launches, but I'm sure Kiox will be Strava compatable. Its needs to be because its aimed at riders who want that sort of data and don't want to strap an expensive smart phone to the handlebars of their bike for a host of reasons.

• Informative
Reactions: Fat Rat

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
My brain is a bit fried from 2 weeks of product launches, but I'm sure Kiox will be Strava compatable. Its needs to be because its aimed at riders who want that sort of data and don't want to strap an expensive smart phone to the handlebars of their bike for a host of reasons.
I await more info with bated breath

TZC

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2014
ABS is nice but neccesary for an ebike? And that big ugly box.

About time the display was updated though

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
The ABS light is on due to anti-lock braking system issues. Causes include low brake fluid, a blown fuse, or abnormal signals from wheel sensors.

if one of them things was on my bike it would be broken all the time lol,error 666/fire..!!

ABS is nice but neccesary for an ebike? And that big ugly box.

About time the display was updated though
Don't forget, the ABS isn't aimed at cyclists, its aimed at people who want a bicycle as a utility vehicle, and aren't cyclists. Its an awesome bit of kit, and if you're new to bikes it makes cycling a whole lot safer and more predictable.

Its one of those things you really need to try to appreciate.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Two things float to the surface for me..
1/ I have never been in the "why not buy an electric scooter" camp, but that big ABS box is pushing me in that direction.. Unless of course that's deliberate.
Out on the road there would be no hiding the fact that its not just a bicycle.
2/ I watched a Eurobike 18 video on all the latest e-bike tech innovations, of which there are many, with the reviewer actually going through all the Kiox functions but did not mention connectivity..
Just hoping that's an oversight.

An interesting differentiation!
:)
Yes, and its one the UK cycle industry is slowly appreciating. We are all fighting over the cyclist market, where the big potential is with people who aren't cyclists who'd benefit from having a bike, either for leisure of utility.

We've got to grow the pie, everyone benefits!

But this involve brands working together to market the concept.

Reactions: MikeS